Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prime Directive: Ultra-Lite ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domingojs23
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Prime Directive: Ultra-Lite ? Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

A major difficulty in getting folks to play PD is the systems it is currently offered in: Gurps, D20, D20M. Potential players are not necessarily inclined to those RPG systems. Traveller of course is in development, but even that is a hard sell.

I am a committed Traveller "Evangelist" so once PDT comes out you can be sure I will be knocking on doors Smile For now I will "Preach" PD using Starfinder. Maybe even FFG Gensys is the former two are not successful

But there is another aspect - some potential players are not inclined to RPG rulesests such as those mentioned, finding them difficult or intimidating.

So, it would be great if a simpler and perhaps more "generic" rules-lite system could be used for introducing PD, since there IS a lot of interest in the SFU universe.

I'm not sure how to go about this. One thing that comes to mind is Microlite 20, a stripped-down D20 which has a fairly good following and a popular ST setting, "Where No Man Has Gone Before." Maybe even a simplified version of PD1 ?

Any thoughts ?

Cheers,

Gary
StarCatX
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive used the "where no man has gone before" and "Far trek D6" rules with the prime directive setting, works pretty well, you just have to adjust the grit levels up or down depending on your group of gamers. Im a big fan of the microlite system and use it whenever I can!
StarCatX
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, there is also Microlite Modern which is compatible with all of the D20 modern stuff. Makes it really easy to convert the D20M PD rules! lol
The best thing about the SFU is all of the history you can play with, and of course create a bit of your own! It can be fun to tie an adventure into a historical battle in the SFU though! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: