Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Agis painted 2500 models...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnDDW
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:
JohnDDW wrote:
Nice! I've been looking for some alternatives and the two that previously came up from some of my searches are basically out of business right now.

CorSec stands are great.
I wish I'd used them when i first started... instead I started with Ninja Magic... then found I couldn't get enough - I switch to a modified version of the Mongoose ball and socket stands and weight ADB hex stands so I can switch out stands from game to game.
Too much invested in the current system to switch out nearly 1,000 Starline minis at this stage.

I don't have any models from ADB that use the hex stands at this time, I'm guessing mainly the 2400's? Are the dimentions of the hex stands available? I'm making some new ACTA stickers for bases and I thought it would be handy to photoshop up some that could be used on the hex bases as a way to make it visually a little easier to use the 2400's in ACTA along side the 2500's.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnDDW wrote:

I don't have any models from ADB that use the hex stands at this time, I'm guessing mainly the 2400's? Are the dimentions of the hex stands available? I'm making some new ACTA stickers for bases and I thought it would be handy to photoshop up some that could be used on the hex bases as a way to make it visually a little easier to use the 2400's in ACTA along side the 2500's.

Starline 2400 ship with the black hex-base stands, which are just-shy of 1" flat-to-flat.

Starline 2500 ship with clear round bases, either 2" or 2.17" diameter, depending on when they were produced.
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnDDW wrote:

PM me with your address and I'll throw one of the ADB bases in the mail foir you.
Since I started using the interchangeable bases, I no longer need one base per mini - so I have scads of them thrown in a box for use as back-ups in case one breaks.
JohnDDW
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdood wrote:
JohnDDW wrote:

Starline 2400 ship with the black hex-base stands, which are just-shy of 1" flat-to-flat.

Starline 2500 ship with clear round bases, either 2" or 2.17" diameter, depending on when they were produced.

Thanks! I do already have some 2500 so I'm familiar with those base sizes

Scoutdad wrote:
PM me with your address and I'll throw one of the ADB bases in the mail foir you.
Since I started using the interchangeable bases, I no longer need one base per mini - so I have scads of them thrown in a box for use as back-ups in case one breaks.

Thanks for the offer! I'm sure it probably isnt a big deal for you but it would still feel weird for me, plus I'm trying to clean things up right now to keep the wife happy!
Jiraiya1969
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that own 2500 scale minis and use Corsec's bases:

Can you attatchh the rods to smaller bases to use with the hex-basef games? If so, are they top heavy?

I'm thinking of converting over from the ball-and-socket method.
JohnDDW
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jiraiya1969 wrote:
For those that own 2500 scale minis and use Corsec's bases:

Can you attatchh the rods to smaller bases to use with the hex-basef games? If so, are they top heavy?

I'm thinking of converting over from the ball-and-socket method.

So i did buy some Corsec bases, the way they are designed is that the posts they make can screw into any of the bases they use. So you could move your miniature from a 2" round base to a 1.25" hex base using the same rod.

I would suggest finding the center of balance for your miniatures on the smallest bases you want to use when attaching the mounting nut, so that you don't have many balance issues. Although I went with 1.5" hex bases because I was worried about my metal 2500's being top heavy. I would imagine its less of an issue with the 3125's from shapeways though.
ingkent
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Shapeways minis are significantly lighter so the chances of tipping over are reduced. In addition, if you glue the attaching peg where the hole for stands is that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: