Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Repairs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:17 pm    Post subject: Repairs Reply with quote

I thought I read that frame repairs were 10 points for each box but cannot find it. Also, what is the cost for sensors? If there is a section, in the rule book, please let me know.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot find any record of having ever published a repair cost for FRAME and I vaguely remember it cannot be repaired out of a shipyard, but I could be wrong. I'll ask Mike and SPP their thoughts.

As for a sensor, those were added to the game long after the repair rules and I guess nobody every thought about it. On the one hand you could just count them as a weapon and on another hand "special sensor" is "special" and hard to fix so maybe more. I will ask Mike W and Steve P their thoughts.
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Steve. We are playing a campaign and have several ships with frame damage and I think this is the first sensor hits.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For now (until a final decision is made), I recommend the following so you don't get stuck:
- You can't repair Frame Damage in a scenario, and a ship cannot repair its own Frame Damage. Your campaign rules will have to figure out how Frame Damage gets repaired, but it's outside the scope of FC proper.
- Repair special sensors as just another weapon system (4 points per box).

Federation Commander Answer Guy
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MJ
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(5G3) REPAIR COST (UPDATE)
Special sensors cost 4 repair points.
Frame damage cannot be repaired during a scenario.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reposted from the Legacy BBS:
(5G7) Post-Scenario Repair
After a scenario or battle is over, repairs to a ship do not just suddenly stop. However, the extent of those repairs will be dictated by how much time the ship has to make further repairs, and by the repair facilities available to them. These rules can always be superseded by scenario special rules in a published scenario.
(5G7a) Immediate Repairs: If a ship is going to have to immediately reenter the next battle, it gains a certain number of turns in which to make repairs. This number can be dictated by the scenario or by agreement of the players. If nothing is otherwise stated, assume a ship has 20 turns in which to make repairs. These repairs are made under the rules in (5G4) and (5G6). Shields are completely regenerated. Weapons or systems that use ammo are reloaded using (5G5). Frame damage and cloaking devices cannot be repaired. Lost marines and shuttles (and fighters) are not replaced.
(5G7b) Intermediate Repairs: If a ship has as much time as they need, but doesn't have access to a repair facility, everything except frame damage and cloaking devices are repaired. Shields are completely regenerated. All weapons or systems that use ammo are fully reloaded. Any surviving shuttles (and fighters) are fully repaired. Lost marines and shuttles (and fighters) are not replaced.
(5G7c) Repair Facilities: If a ship has access to repair facilities, it is fully repaired, including frame damage. All damaged shuttles (and fighters) are repaired and any lost are replaced. All lost marine units are replaced. A disabled cloaking device is replaced.

(Compiled by Mike West with guidance from Steve Petrick.)

mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is actually a "rules question", I have moved this discussion to that topic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: