Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Level of Victory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lansdulac
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:50 am    Post subject: Level of Victory Reply with quote

My opponent (Federation) and I (Klingon) are playing through the Klingon Border and Klingon Attack scenarios. Aside from "The Might Hood Goes Down", it appears there is a chance for one side or the other to win, but neither of us have ever scored enough points against our starting force point value to ever get the 150% needed for a Tactical Victory. Both of us only achieved a Marginal Victory at best. The only way I see achieving at least a Tactical Victory would be a much weaker force defeating a much stronger one and not having roughly equal point values. Maybe there are scenarios we haven't played yet that offer bonus point victory conditions such as the Federation gets in the "Delay in Sector" scenario.

I am curious what other experiences are.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to have multipliers of some kind:
- One side captures a ship.
- One side destroys the opponent without getting crippled.
- As you point out, smaller force defeats larger force.

Alternatively, there are other factors that allow for additional points to be gained.

But if it ends with equal forces equally damaged, yes, it will be Marginal Victories or Draws.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
shirtpleat
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of any other way to win, at least tactically, than for a much weaker force to overcome a much stronger force that isn't quite as strong. However, a draw or marginal victory will result if there are equal forces and damage in the conclusion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: