Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any news on new releases?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ApocalypseMeow
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Any news on new releases? Reply with quote

Dear developers,

are there any news on new releases for Prime Directive? Can you tell us, if and what books are worked on? I'm most interested in Feline Empires and Tholians, though I want them all! Very Happy

Best wishes
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got too many irons in the fire a year ago and decided to finish them before starting anything else new. We've made a ton of progress on that (despite real world issues) and have finished and shipped Fighter Ops 2016, uploaded Minor Empires for PDF sales, put For the Glory of the Empire on kindle, and done several issues of communique with new ships. I am almost finished with ACTASF-DX and in another month will have CL51 out, then see how much work I have to do to finish FedAdmiral. Which sounds like "not working on RPGs" but I'm the board game guy not the RPG Gal and Jean will be working on RPGs as she moves beyond her current projects.

We want to be working on Mongoose Traveller, but we had to wait for the new rules to come out, and then wait more for them to stabilize. This is part of the current PDF system. (In the old days we tested until it was done and still found problems, so we added a new "public review of the pdf" phase. When Mongoose finishes this phase for Traveller we will jump on it.)

I want to do Tholians, Orion Pirates, Gorns and other lizards, and Feline Empires, but Jean wants to convert the existing books into other systems (FATE/Fudge, D6, and MonTrav). So we'lll do it all, but not in one day.
ApocalypseMeow
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Steve,

first of all thank you very much for your quick and detailed reply! I really rejoiced at this. Such an immediate and friendly contact with game developers is not to be taken for granted.

Steve Cole wrote:

We got too many irons in the fire a year ago and decided to finish them before starting anything else new. We've made a ton of progress on that (despite real world issues) and have finished and shipped Fighter Ops 2016, uploaded Minor Empires for PDF sales, put For the Glory of the Empire on kindle, and done several issues of communique with new ships. I am almost finished with ACTASF-DX and in another month will have CL51 out, then see how much work I have to do to finish FedAdmiral. Which sounds like "not working on RPGs" but I'm the board game guy not the RPG Gal and Jean will be working on RPGs as she moves beyond her current projects.

That is indeed a huge load of products. And I never doubted the dedication of you and your co-developers. It's thrilling to see that much new products. I'm especially interested in the novel! I will buy it from amazon ASAP. Are there any more available? Maybe starring Lyrans or Romulans? Smile

Steve Cole wrote:

We want to be working on Mongoose Traveller, but we had to wait for the new rules to come out, and then wait more for them to stabilize. This is part of the current PDF system. (In the old days we tested until it was done and still found problems, so we added a new "public review of the pdf" phase. When Mongoose finishes this phase for Traveller we will jump on it.)

Yeah, I was aware that Mongoose was updating the core rulebook and any PD sourcebook would have to wait until then. I'm curious about the Traveller edition of PD. And it may be a good chance to extend the fan base of the Starfleet Universe via the Traveller fan base. I have to admit, I found the Star Fleet Universe by chance: Searching for Star Trek / Romulans on DriveThru and then my eyes got wide. I definitely can't speak for all ST / sci-fi fans here in Germany, but it seems to me Star Fleet Universe is not widely known here. Even Traveller had some issues here before a German publisher started to translate the books. Then the German fan base started to buy not just the translations but the English books as well. Maybe this is a good opportunity for Starfleet Universe as well.

Steve Cole wrote:

I want to do Tholians, Orion Pirates, Gorns and other lizards, and Feline Empires, but Jean wants to convert the existing books into other systems (FATE/Fudge, D6, and MonTrav). So we'lll do it all, but not in one day.

This is most amazing to me, because I want all those sourcebooks! Very Happy Please, don't stop publishing sourcebooks for D20M. I promise, I'll wait as long as it takes to buy them. Since I became very unhappy with the evolution of the main ST universe I am still so happy about Starfleet Universe. STU is the only ST I'm consuming, because I have to say I do not really care anymore for the main ST universe. STU is head and shoulders better!

I wish you godspeed and delight for your further work and best wishes!
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have four books in development. (These are anthologies, not novels.)

One will be the Romulan invasion DAY OF THE EAGLE.

One will be the Klingon invasion DAY ONE

One will be random stories from the file.

One will be Federation stuff.

Lyrans? Hmm... not sure we have done enough Lyran stuff to make an anthology.
ApocalypseMeow
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
We have four books in development. (These are anthologies, not novels.)
[...]
One will be the Romulan invasion DAY OF THE EAGLE.
[...]

This made my day! Very Happy But I'll buy them all anyway. Mr. Green
Itharus
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The obvious answer is to do more Lyran stuff Smile
ApocalypseMeow
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear developers,

may I politely ask if there are any sourcebooks planned for release this year or maybe next year? I am especially looking forward for further faction sourcebooks like Feline Empires, Orion Pirates, Tholians or ISC.

Additionally, do you know when War and Peace for Starmada may be published?

Thank you in advance and best wishes for you and your loved ones!
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there will be time this year for a new faction book. I have more than TEN books in my que (3xF&E, Marines, 3xFed Commander, CL55, helping Steve P with SFBX2, helping Daniel with Starmada RoW, Helping Tony with 3xACTA), Al has four (traveller), and Steve has six (all SFB stuff). I really want to do the Gorn one and will try to put it on my list after the above, but that only gets you the background; system designers will have to do traveller, d20, and GURPs.
ApocalypseMeow
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your quick answer, Steve!

I will wait as long as it takes.
Voidhawk
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey peeps, it's been a while since we heard news about PD Traveller. Last word was you were looking to get it out during '22 if I recall correctly. Any news on this front? Any information would be appreciated ('cause ruinning some PD Traveller is on my short-list of campaigns to do, so just scouting out a possible timeline).
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al is working on it. I see progress reports monthly.
CommodoreMendez
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on PD Traveller? Will we see it this year? I know it's been in playtest, or has the project been cancelled?
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot write PD Traveller by myself. I can only assign it to someone who is supposed to write it. I cannot hold a gun to his head. I will encourage him to get it done, but that is all I can do. I don't think that the term "playtesting" applies as he is still writing it. Being an existing game system I am not sure how much testing it needed, but everyone tells me I am "not an RPG guy" and need to stay out of it. They all got mad about the small rules I wrote for GPD and PD20 and told me to stop being creative.
CommodoreMendez
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply I guess it takes as long as it takes. Sorry I had saw elsewhere a request for playtesters and assumed it was in playtest since the announcement was made back in 2021.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: