Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding ships to the library in FC Online?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catowj
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Adding ships to the library in FC Online? Reply with quote

We've recently moved our FC campaign online to allow some of our friends who in other states to participate. We're still feeling our way around the system for FC Online, but I was wondering if anyone has a FAQ on adding ships to the local library for the games? We use some of the standard SFB variants of common FC ships in our campaign like the DW and CW leaders and scouts. I've seen the info on using the ship def utility and have made new Defs but can't figure out how to get them into the library so that they can be added as pieces in the game. Any help or tips would be appreciated...

Thanks!
________
Nash-healey specifications

Last edited by catowj on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if they are for own campaign and only the players need them. Just make the def and email copies to all players to put in their respective library folders along with a copy of the counter. This way the player have what they need. Just be sure to double check with powers that be, being Steve Cole and Paul Franz, before you share. The new Ship def may violate some rules of online usage, so always check first before sharing.
catowj
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's actually the problem. I'm obviously missing something simple, but I don't seem to be able to add the ship defs to the library and that's the fly in the ointment.
________
Friend advice advice

Last edited by catowj on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until they're submitted and approved, they won't show up in the library. So here is what you do:

Save the ship def and counter in the FC Library. I use a folder called Test Ships for this.

Next, set up a FC room. To load the ship def and counter, rclick a hex and then add piece here.

Select the other tab in the library window and scroll down to User Defined ship. It will then ask the location of the def and the counter. Put in both locations and there you go.

Just remember that all players need a copy of the def and counter so they can see it on the Ship Display in the Main window.

Oh yeah, just make sure you have all the extra info the shows up on a SSD or Ship card is removed as it's not needed. Also be sure to place a Frame Track on the image as well.
catowj
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sweeper! We'll give that a whirl...
________
FERRARI CLUB OF AMERICA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: