Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Border Box 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iams
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Border Box 6 Reply with quote

I got BB 6 today, it is sooo cool the King Condor is sooo freaking huge! The pics don't do it justice. The Seltorian BW was a bit smaller than I had hoped, but I understand why. And the rest, increadible, I only had a B10 before this, and they were all really neat. Kudos to all who worked on them. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any techniques for reshaping the Starbase ring, as its kind of bent and everytime i bend it one way it bends somewhere else... I am sure if I was more carful I could do it, but I was just wondering if anybody had any tips for fixing it? I had the old 2200 Starbase... it was cool but all the seperate ones always seem to break.

Anyway, awesome work!!! Can't wait to see more!!!!

Check out my Photobucket for SFB/Fed Comm and Trek Props!

http://s111.photobucket.com/home/Admiralkisluk/index
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starfury
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's the Gorn look?
iams
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its pretty cool, but the connections between the engines and the ship are kind of funky. Over all Awesome! And after looking closer at the Hydran BB I noticed the old stand hole is still kind of visible from the old DN, but nothing totally fixable by putty.

Check out my Photobucket for SFB/Fed Comm and Trek Props!

http://s111.photobucket.com/home/Admiralkisluk/index
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starfury
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rats.

I was hoping you'd have a bad review...so I'd have an excuse not to get them.

Crud.

Good thing I got a bonus at work and kept some $$ out for something like this Very Happy
SWO_Daddy
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Border Box 6 Reply with quote

I agree, the new border box is very cool. I saw the King Condor green at Origins last year and have been waiting not so patiently since then to get my hands on one.

Border Box 6 is also a nice deal in terms of $. I already had a number of BB minis, but this was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up. You basically get a couple of minis for free by buying the box. Well worth it.
Mazza
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the Border Boxes seem to be pretty good deals vs buying ships individually.

Of course, I only realised this after buying quite a few individual ships. Embarassed

They call me slow eh....
toastie
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my FLGS to special order mine, received it last night. Wow. I thought the box was pretty much a solid chunk of metal, and I was right. I already have a Fed BB, but the rest are all new to me.

All pieces arrived in very good condition except the Starbase ring, which came out egg shaped, and one engine on the B10 main hull is pretty bent up, but I should be able to straighten it. As someone said, the engines on the Gorn are a little 'funky', there is a lot of extra metal attaching them to the main hull. I might try to dig some of it out, so the engines look like aren't all one piece with the hull.

One minor comment on the Kzinti. Most other Kzinti ships have a constant cross section for the main hull, they are the same size at the front and back. The BB seems to be 'fatter' at the back, was this intentional? I think it gives it a more aggressive look.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Jeremy. I got to hold th Condor in my hands at Origins lst year and for a few minutes, I was tempted to run...

Unfortunately, I probably couldn't have gotten very far (it is a frakkin' huge chunk of metal) and I would have only had the one miniature. Now, (if my FLGS ever gets it in) I can have several of them.
John Schneder II
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Tony, that would have been bad, I might have had to tase you to get it back, LOL Twisted Evil
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't Tase me, Bro!!! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: