Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ONLINE FC CAMPAIGN: Commanders Choice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commodore Mendez
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this still up and running?
guzzoid
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to play this. Lets start this thing again.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commodore Mendez wrote:
is this still up and running?

Kerry Drake, the person who set-up, started, and oversaw his campaign announced on the discussion board back in September of of last year that his doctor has diagnosed him as having Thyroid Cancer. He was scheduled for some intense treatments and surgery and therapy. His follow-up posts indicated that he would be taking some time off the board to focus on gettign through this ordeal and that this campaign (among other items) would be on hold until further notice.

Kerry still posts from time to time, but with nowhere near the frequency he used to post. If there's enough interest in an online campaign - I'd suggest someone else start a new one up.
SylvrDragon
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by SylvrDragon on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
guzzoid
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on the client regularly. Just ask if you see me. I am usually just piddling around looking at ssd's Cool
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Kerry would mind if anyone used the rules he came up with. In fact I think he'd love the idea of something he came up with being used by others. I was one of the original players when CC started and I had fun before I had to drop out for personal reasons.

If his website is still up, there's nothing stopping folks from starting a campaign of their own. It would certainly garner more interest online and encourage release of the TA and BA ships,( The SB card, if nothing else Smile.

Just my 50 cents.
kedrake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please feel free to use to anything I thought up to begin a new campaign. Drop me an e-mail if you need any materials from me.
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I had a blast while the campaign was running, and if a commander's choice style campaign was to start back up again I would be totally down with it.
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto. Smile
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well I would be happy to get the ball rolling then. I am in my last semester of grad school, but with some exceptions I think I can swing the time. Ok well we have Sweeper, me... guzzoid? Commodore Mendez?

I guess we can handle quite a few. I don't see any reason we couldn't handle more then 4 players, if we can get enough ships in the client we could handle each of the major races yes?
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tholians are still underrepped and selts aren't even there yet
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so that leaves room for the following players:

Fed
Klinks
Kzinti
Romulans
Gorn

And a Orion for hire player

Does that sound right? And if we were able to get more of the Tholian/Selt suppliment into the client we could handle them as well.... a campaign seems like as good a reason as any to include them
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. BTW, I just converted the SFB Defsats definition to FC. It's Squad level only, but it can be converted to Fleet simply but cutting half the boxes out. What I'd really love to see are the LTTs make an appearance. It would certainly make transporting EPs and setting up bases easier, but the 3 month rule is in effect. *sigh*
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, Sir_Krotar has been playing FC with me online as he's been getting burnt-out on Tourney as well.

He's doing it partly to see how well the game handles campaigns, (which would make him a good person to invite), and also because he's somehow been roped into running a FC online tourney in the unforseeable future, (we're still trying to figure that one out Smile ).

We've been beating the client up to see what's working and what still isn't.

The most glaring issues are: Shield Reinforcement is ignored and will have to be done manually. Photons overloaded at the point of firing wont properly track the energy. (I have a suspicion that fast loaded PL-Fs have the same issue. Can't tell if Directed Damage ignores skipped damage points or not.

Listed under annoying are: While they have CAs from Booster 0, The Hydrans, Lyrans and ISC don't have their weapons listed, so they're hard to use without each player having a copy of the rules. The Tholian Web Caster/Generator isn't in there yet either.

Basically, while play is very possible and viable on the client, there are some things we'd have to keep an I eye on until they're fixed. Hopefully, more play on the client will convince Paul, (Andromedan), to work on it it Smile.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tholians and Seltorians should probably not be included in a campaign, even if the ship defs become available. Tholian Web makes Tholians just plain broken as a major race, and Selts are weak except when fighting Tholians.

However, I think that Tholians would be just dandy as an NPC empire. IIRC in the original campaign the centre of the map had a major planet that was neutral. Maybe the big planet at the centre of the map could be owned by Tholians, making capturing it a major operation (but possibly worth the effort).

P.S. As I now have an internet connection, I would like to play. In order of preference:

Seltorian (Yes, I said they're weak, and there are few defs, I'm just a sucker for the bugs)
Orion Mercenary (If allowed)
Klingon
Kzinti
Gorn
Federation
Romulan (I'm really weak on cloak)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: