Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble with FC Def Tool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SylvrDragon
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Trouble with FC Def Tool Reply with quote

Whenever I try to add boxes to my ship it add blue boxes so huge that they cover the entire SSD! Any clue what's wrong?
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is the edge detection for the FC Online Ship Def Tool. Try using Overlay Mode.
SylvrDragon
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I already got it working. It won't let me upload the darn thing though.
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens when you attempt to upload it?
SylvrDragon
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing. I go to the library, hit upload def and then I upload it and wait, for the few seconds it takes, to finish uploading. After it said it was done I create a game and went to add a unit as normal, but the ship wasn't in the library. I checked both squadron and fleet scales under both the user defined category and under the Klingon category. I looked several times and tried uploading several times and every time I find nothing. Confused
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, that is because uploading it to the library does not add it immediately to the library. It is a submission to have it added to the library.

I still need to add the idead of local libraries so that you can do what you want.
SylvrDragon
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it has to be approved or something?
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. New Defs also have to meet the 3 month T/F laid out by SVC. So, if the def you submitted was, say, the D5D from Briefing #1, the earliest it could show up is May.

I still wish for a return of the old Text based def tool that was a part of SFBOL 2x. It'd make using new ships a lot easier as all you'd have to do is input the amount of boxes and what type the boxes are. Granted, it might take a bit of a work-around due to the way the client uses Defs for combat and systems, but working around things is something we FCOL players are getting used to... Smile
SylvrDragon
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweeper wrote:
... but working around things is something we FCOL players are getting used to... Smile

Too true my friend. We're MUCH more resourceful and capable than we're given credit for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: