Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shuttlecraft miniatures - where to find one ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sllarr
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Shuttlecraft miniatures - where to find one ? Reply with quote

I am looking for a shuttlecraft minitature that could be used in Federation Commander in place of the shuttle counters. Does anybody know of one that would fit the scale and "look" ?
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are options:
1) Wait a bit. ADB was prepared to release shuttle minatures this summer, but design issues arose. I'm not certain if they remain on the schedule or not, but I would guess they will be out eventually.

2) Irregular Miniatures. I'm at work and their site is bookmarked on my home computer Sad , but a google search should turn up a result. They have a pack of shuttle miniatures that (so several SFB players say) look as if they were copied from the ST blueprint.

3) Make your own [http://www.geocities.com/scoutdad13/Federation/fedcaandshuttles.jpg]Shuttlecraft minis[/url]! About 4 years ago, I decided that i needed shuttle minis and couldn't find any - so one day, while at the local model shop, I had an epiphany! Why not make my own. For about $3 worth of plasturct stock and a 99 cent pack of thumb tacks for bases, I made 4 dozen shuttle craft. Unfortunately, it wasn't until after they were done that I realized I'd made them look ST:TNG rather than ST:TOS - but if I started over, it would be easy enough to make the correct version. Contact me for a parts list / instruction sheet.
Sllarr
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Scoutdad.

I am checking the irregular shuttlecraft minis. E-mailed them asking for a picture...

And yes, I can definetly try to make my own. I will contact you for the instruction sheet.

Actually, I am interested in learning how you made the drones and plasma miniatures as well. Those look really cool.

Thanks for the help.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have them out ... sometime this year.

They are working on the drone and plasma ones at the moment.
Maxtype
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news on the shuttlecraft and ammo miniatures! Very Happy

These kind of things really dress up a gameboard for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: