Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Captain's Log 34 Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Captain's Log
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Captain's Log 34 Discussion Reply with quote

Hi!

This month, the latest issue of Captain's Log went on sale - and for those of you who don't visit the legacy boards, feel free to vent your opinions on it here!

Gary
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the existing ships in FC:KB and FC:KA plus the Booster 0 and the ships in this CL, you can actually play one of the SFB scenarios in FedCom! That means you get 1.5 FedCom scenarios in this issue!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone give me a rundown of what's in this issue for Federation Commander? I'm interested mostly in which new ships are included. Thanks!
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ships included in CL34 for Federation Commander are:
Lyran DN, CC, DD, FF. (The CA and rules are in Booster Zero; CW in CL33.)
Hydran PAL, KN, HU, LB. (The DG and rules are in Booster Zero; MON in CL33.)

All ships in Captains Log are fleet scale. (For squadron scale, just use the SFB SSDs.)

Also in CL34 is a "bonus ship": the Orion BR from Communique #10 (fleet scale only).

Finally, the scenario "Battle for Organia" is also included. You can also play the SFB scenario "Catching Hell" if you have Klingon Border and Booster Zero. (All reinforcement options aren't available, and you have to use an F5 for the F5L, but you can play the scenario straight up.)

Federation Commander Answer Guy
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have a copy of CL34. Not enough Federation Commander in it, but what there was, was very good. Command at Origins: good tactics. Battle for Organia: Good, always need more scenarios. 8 new ships: Fantastic!! now we can playtest full fleet battles for Lyrans and Hydrans.

With twenty pages in CL 35, I'd like to see more of the same. More tactics, more playtest ships, more scenarios.
Vanessa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terryoc wrote:
I now have a copy of CL34. Not enough Federation Commander in it, but what there was, was very good. Command at Origins: good tactics. Battle for Organia: Good, always need more scenarios. 8 new ships: Fantastic!! now we can playtest full fleet battles for Lyrans and Hydrans.

With twenty pages in CL 35, I'd like to see more of the same. More tactics, more playtest ships, more scenarios.
Terry~ We have made changes to the format (somewhat) of CL so yes, you can expect more FC to be in CL35...remember it's a process and SFB players don't want to give up space for FC...but SVC has managed some ways to make both happy. Very Happy
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those not aware of the goings on to include more FC in CapLog...

We have developed a "hybrid format" that will be used for at least four of the SSDs into CapLog 35, allowing that page to count for both FC and SFB.

We are working on a format for a hybrid scenario. It's a concept in development, not even a work in progress, but one idea is to publish the FC scenario and then print an "annex" elsewhere that gives the missing SFB data.

We are also cooking up a formal FC tactics section.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marketing probably drives the move to include sections for all games in a Captain's Log, but would there be any other downsides for considering a FedCom-Log with "FedCom only" material?
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much of CL applies to Fed Com. The stories, fed com specific ships and articles of course, but the SFB after action reports and tactics can still apply to FC - as well as the scenarios (great fodder for conversion).

jmt

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back an re-reading the story again, I gotta say the fiction in CapLog just keeps getting better and better. This was one of my favorites. Lots of interesting characters, most of whom are not the main archtypes of the genre.

I never thought I'd be rooting for a Klingon cop so much Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Captain's Log All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: