Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Purpose of Borders of Madness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blammo
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolo: That's the way we are doing it too

SVC: Yeah, after I did some re-reading, that is the way I interpret it. And, about T-Bombs (mines in general), just want a good set of rules that fit withing the FC framework (since it is NOT SFB). I will, and do, stand up for myself Twisted Evil

One last thing on the fire declaration: Like I said, I have my preference. However, in FC, with the me too rule, if I want to fire I just call it out. If the other guy/girl has a go, then great. If they hold their fire, that's ok. If they alpha strike, good for them. I play my own game, not theirs. All I was intended to say with any of my points on the subject was that my preference is hidden declaration and that I don't see one declaration option as superior to the other. I think we all can agree we love this game (why else would we spend so much time writing/debating about it) Laughing Laughing Laughing
duxvolantis
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
I don't think the firing thing is an issue. "No" actually IS "maybe" unless everybody says "no".

As for T-bombs, I don't know that I ever declared them out of BoM. Increasingly, I see BoM as a menu of optional rules. Take any or reject any at your pleasure. The fact that we create a t-bomb rule just means "groups that want T-bombs can have them" not "everybody has to use them."

I think one thing we may be seeing (and I've seen it a thousand times) is "I want ADB to protect me from that pushy guys who always argues and argues and argues until we agree to use his favorite optional rules" and guys, I don't think I can do that. Stand up for yourself! If you don't want to use a rule, just refuse to back down, or horse trade it for something else.

If you want to use <insert weapon/ship/optional mechanic> this is how it works in FC is an awesome way to approach things.

IMHO if BoM is an 'all or nothing' thing it will be less successful than if it is a set of rules that can be adopted situationally.

For example I can see rules in BoM being used not as a permanent rule for a given set of players but also as a reference as well.

For example mines are pretty tedious and mostly irrelevant in a typical engagement. But peeling the onion on a big, fully webbed Tholian BATS loses a bit of it's flavor and challenge without the mines to contend with.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of anyone who ever said BoM would be an "all or nothing thing".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: