Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

federation commander campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asguard101
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, we looked over the rules this weekend and a friend e-mailed me these question to add to the list sorry they missed the first posting.

Are there any Level 5 XO abilities, and where is the third Command Star for the XO ability line?

Does a XO get to keep his XO abilities if he gets the promotion to caption stars, and if no what is the value of promoting him to captain?

What is the XO-4-2 Saber Fighting?

What is the difference between C-2-3 & C-4-3; 60 degrees is one hex facing.

W-6 says Multi Direct fire is reduced by one impulse, should that have been turn?

F-3 Shield Harmonics says "can move 10 points instead of 5 from a adjacent shield", where did this rule for 5 points come from?

Is there any rules for when a ship is destroyed, for officers getting off the ship alive, or are all legendary officers lost?
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I love these questions, I have typed the answers underneath your questions. Also as an FYI I am working on an expansion for the empire campaign. one of three, the first expansion is going to be new legendary abilites and new ship enhancements called the legendary officers code of war. these will tie in with 1.50 version of the rules. which will add more detailed research rules, new ISC rules, Andromedan rules and and an introduction to omega rules.

asguard101 wrote:
cool, we looked over the rules this weekend and a friend e-mailed me these question to add to the list sorry they missed the first posting.

Are there any Level 5 XO abilities, and where is the third Command Star for the XO ability line?
XO's like Captains are restricted to level 4 abilities, the title of lvl 5 cpt or XO allows for the selection of an ability from each level for that officer class. (pg 25) also the third command star was omitted on acident when I edited the 1.30 edition along with 2 other XO abilities I will put them back in ASAP. bu tin short order to your question the thirdcommand star is X-4-3 Command star 3 of 3. upon attaining the third command star the XO may be promoted to a level 2 captain (not level 1)

Does a XO get to keep his XO abilities if he gets the promotion to caption stars, and if no what is the value of promoting him to captain?
An Xo promoted to captain keeps his XO abilities and then can work on Captain abilities, the idea was a Legendary captain promoted from XO would be the highest level captain one could have though it would take the longest to raise in level. I will detail more class specific abilities for XO and Captain in the Legendary officers code of war expansion.

What is the XO-4-2 Saber Fighting?
ok let me try to explain this one, sabre fighting is the name of the ability when you have three officers with certain skills. 1st a navigator with the ability N-3 Shield, then a weapons officer with the ability W-8 Sword, then you have to have a XO with sword and shield command, these three officers then can create the ability Sabre Fighting, which allows a starship to fire weapons while using Evasive maneuvers. it is an example of a triumverate skill (the only one so far) there will be more in the future. there are several abilites that have a prerequisite ability but none that takes three officers together to create an effect.

What is the difference between C-2-3 & C-4-3; 60 degrees is one hex facing. C-2-3 (combat Strategies) is used by a legendary captain for thier own ship. so in battle the player may change the facing of his ship by one 60' turn. C-4-3 (Confusion) is the same ability but it is applied to an enemy ship!! Shocked

W-6 says Multi Direct fire is reduced by one impulse, should that have been turn?
yes that is an issue and a typo, 1 turn not 1 impule Embarassed

F-3 Shield Harmonics says "can move 10 points instead of 5 from a adjacent shield", where did this rule for 5 points come from?
In the FC rules you can currently rotate 5 boxes ffrom one shield to another adacent shield to the next in the end of turn phase to gelp with damage.

Is there any rules for when a ship is destroyed, for officers getting off the ship alive, or are all legendary officers lost?
no not yet

Thanks!!

Pallida

Last edited by PallidaMors on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Pinkfluffychicken
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Massive applause.

From strength to strength. Very Happy

T whatever in today. Looks like sleeping cats have been disturbed.
Famous last words #11: "That's a very big fleet!"
asguard101
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="asguard101"]Are there any Level 5 XO abilities, and where is the third Command Star for the XO ability line?

thanks for the answers, I think the system is great, can't wait for 1.5 to be sent, please e-mail it to me when you get it done.

don't forget the ship log, Empire turn record, VP battle record, and GM turn log you promised to e-mail me.

one in game question if its allowed, what happened to that WE the TSE found that was from the mirror universe?

Last edited by asguard101 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="asguard101"]
asguard101 wrote:

thanks for the answers, I think the system is great, can't wait for 1.5 to be sent, please e-mail it to me when you get it done. ONe thin I think you missed teh second part of this question.....
ok you are right, I fixed it in the origianl post see the answer there.

don't forget the ship log, Empire turn record, VP battle record, and GM turn log you promised to e-mail me.
You bet!

one in game question if its allowed, what happened to that WE the TSE found that was from the mirror universe?

the TSE has really done nothing with the Mirror Romulan WE, excpet confiscated it and moved it into secrecy. (due to the fact that the TSE player has intentions for this unit I cannot divulge what that use may be) Shocked
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: LOOKING FOR PLAYER Reply with quote

Hello we are looking for an additional player in the sacramento area anyone interested please let me know we currently have 5 player and 1 auxillary player (battles only)

Thanks!

Pallida
asguard101
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PallidaMors wrote:
Upon attaining the third command star the XO may be promoted to a level 2 captain (not level 1) Pallida

Does he get to choose a Captain skill as soon as he is promoted?

Last edited by asguard101 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
asguard101
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrFaustus wrote:
Thing is camaign engines sell so-so. Everyone has their own feelings on how they should or should not work.

I do like Pallidas rules a lot and enjoy reading how his game is going.

Too bad we can't fire a poll about Pallidas Empire Game. Hint Hint
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, i am sure the results would be interesting
Commodore Mendez
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am sure they would, and I would vote in favor of your campaign. I like it and so do my players.
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: New Battle Reply with quote

hail and well met.

tonight we have a great battle preparing to begin. as I type players are in route for the first battle between the Klingon and Lyran Empires.

The Lyrans have invaded the klingon empire in 2 locations.

the battle tonight consists of the following ships.

Lyran:
BCH Farstar
CA Nightroar
CW Dawnkiller
CW Solarstorm
DD Starbreeze

Klingon: (initial)
B-10 battleship Stovokar
KR D'tinga

In 2-4 turns later as reinforcements:
C-7 IKS Plague
D-5W IKS Bloodvengeance. This ship is the most decorated and and has some of the highest victory points in the campaign. it fought with distinction in the klingon/Seltorian War and was responsible for the destruction of a Seltorian NCA in single combat.

We will keep you informed of the results of this battle.
Sir Drake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second wave of Kzinti attack fleets come out the warp in the lush and populated systems of Boda and Link. Sensors pick up tracking radar and alarms sound. At the surrounded mobile base in the Link system the sensors show 38 separate tracking channels painting the force that has no where to go if they can’t hold out. Things are not much better in the Boda system where 30 Drones are waiting to be unleashed at the Kzinti Admiral’s command. Then there is the rumor that these are the next generation Drones that are devilishly hard to kill. As alarms sound and crew rush to their battle stations a open cannel communication is received from the Kzinti flag ship.

From The raiding dreadnought De Moley
To the force commander in the Boda sector

And

From The heavy dreadnought Saint Palidus
To the force commander in the Link system

This is Fleet Admiral KZARR,

This Broadcast is being sent to all galactic embassies as well as to all Hydran units. We have been accused of being bloodthirsty neobarbs by some who don’t understand us. They use our attacks in to Federation space to label us so. Let me just say that the old Federation was not capable of running the systems that it had and our endeavors there where to secure the systems under a strong government to protect the people. We do not know yet where the NEW Federation leadership will take it, but are willing to give it time and see if it is capable of running it self. The Hydrans have used our actions to launch an attack on our empire which we have stopped cold and turned around on them.
We are willing to end this war with the Hydrans even at the moment when we hold the upper paw to save both our people from the cost of all out war. We put this to the Hydrans, it is up to them, and all the blood spilled from here on out will be on them. Your navy may depart in peace. We will hold on to the Boda system until this treaty confirmed, but your freighters are free to pass as to not cause your economy problems. We will stop all future operations against you and give back the two sectors we have already taken, and allow the force at Link including the mobile base to relocate as we will take the Link sector as our own as a defensive precaution for our farthest colonies.
To the Hydrans. The Federation you attacked us for has been over thrown and left you on your own. The TSE has stopped it’s war on them and the Federation has jumped into the arms of the Klingon Empire making them part of the biggest power block around. The reasons you stated for your attack on us are gone, will you continue to throw yourself against us needlessly? This offer will only be made once, and if you refuse the whole galaxy will know in who’s hands the fault lays.
From the Movie ZULU
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Transmission is received

on board the Royal Hydran Heavy Dreadnaught the H.M.S. Triumph, the answer is sent from Hydraxus and the monarchy

The Kzinit Patriarchial Fleet is folding out of the warp. the Hydran battle fleets in both defense systems go to Battle Condition 3. fighter pilots are ready, hellbore cannons and fusion beams are brought to ready status.

Hydran Lord Admiral Xarxus, transmits the following reply to all kzinti ships and on open tranmission so all embassies may hear...."no Hydran Systems will be surrendered, you may leave, peace will be restored but at no loss of Hydran Territory".

Decide.....

transmission ends.
toltesi
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Questions About Rules Reply with quote

Hello, as I'm looking through the rules I have some questions about the basic setup of the campaign.

1. What do you use for a strategic map? The F&E hexagon-based map? I'm going to continue my comments based on this assumption.

2. Is each hexagon on the F&E mapped separately on an as-needed basis by the players (I will call each hexagon a "sector" from here on")? Based on my reading it looks like the answer is yes.

3. Where do you put these lines on the front and back of each box to indicate defensive capabilities? The strategic or sector map? I'm very confused, an example for people who have not seen your setup would be most helpful.

4. How do you translate the sector map with all these lines front and back into board setups for a tactical FC battle?

5. How do the results of a FC tactical battle translate back to the sector and strategic map level? Can you actually loose a hexagon from the strategic map or are you simply fighting over the parts of a sector?

What I would love to see if some digital photos taken and posted of your map setups. A photo-based tutorial of the setup and first turn of the campaign portion of Empire would be most helpful.

Given that the Prime Directive RPG game seems to be making a comeback with the upcoming release of PD:Federation, might I suggest the following to help with the scalability of this campaign:

1. Since each hexagon in the F&E map (west http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/west_map.shtml and east http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/east_map.shtml ) contains some 50 or so unexplored but habited/habitable worlds that make interesting RPG settings, can you create a sheet that allows you to catalog worlds within each hexagon as it is explored and subsequently "fortified" with lines at the front and back. This would allow your campaign to integrate with the RPG, bringing more people into the fun.

2. Please consider organizing your rulebook using the same numbering system that FC uses. I have a Microsoft Word Document already setup with the system if you'd like a copy so you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

3. Please add a section to the rulebook whose focus is the base setup and the introduction of the campaign tools (forms).

4. Please create separate player visual aids much like the laminated sheets in FC that allow players to not have to have the rulebook open during play.

5. Please make more use of actual digital pictures of your setup so the players can actually see what it looks like.

Thanks so much for reading! It looks like a great campaign, I just can't figure it out yet unfortunately. I look forward to your responses so I can playtest it!
asguard101
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to let Palli answer most of those questions, but I can answer the first one for you, which should clear a bunch of your questions up.. Its a blank Hex map and each player is randomly assigned a starting hex for thier home sector, and they have to explore space beyond that to have other sectors, each hex a new sector to explore on however big map you choose to use. I have asked some of your same questions already and Palli answered them. He answered them inside the "quote" area. of his response.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 29 of 58

Jump to: