Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

federation commander campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone wrote:
I don't know, but it'll be pretty darn close! Wink

I agree Smile lol
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battle resolved:

The E4 (named E4) was destroyed. The Juggernaught took no damage as the frigate just sat and declared evasive manuvers after firing a drone.

While losing a frigate might not seem that bad, if the juggernaught moves into the klingon home system, they're in trouble.
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DArc_Tangent wrote:
In my defense, I managed to seperate the Fed ships into 2 groups and attacked 2 ships with all 4 Tholian ships. Having never run Tholians before, I wasn't too familiar with the tactics involved with the web casters.

My conclusion for the battle was I should've taken more time to close and used the web casters in Fist mode at close range and should've taken photons on the CC for better single shot effect. Also, Tholians greatest strength is defense, not offense. As the Tholians went into this battle with less PV in ships, they should probably not have attacked in the first place. Attackers, by the rules of Risk, should always have superior numbers or units than the defenders. The Tholians didn't have that. As it is, both sides lost ships...which can REALLY mess up future economic turns (for ship purchase percentages).

The results of the battle were transmitted almost instantly through the deep of space along the pathways of the Tholian WTN. Admiral Xiril and the Tholian 1st fleet of retribution has been defeated. The command Cruiser Protector and all hands destroyed, the Advanced Cruiser Avenger limping home.

The Tholian Military Leadership reviewed the battle results from data seeds uploaded from the Avenger. In cold silence Special Tholian Cerebral units analysed the battle, calculated and created a summary.

Re-attack the Federation, Re-assiagn Admiral Xiril to the Home Fleet, transfer Admiral Vorak from the home fleet to the 1st and assign a new command vessel to lead the 1st Fleet of Retribution.

Fleet logisitcs report that the Dreadnaught: Guard of the Will can be easily re-assigned and given flag status. use the nucleus of the ships that are left from teh 1st fleet and add the NCA Ferocity. Do not re-assign the Advanced HDN:Sword of the Will, leave it as flag of the Home Fleet, it is needed to be a commanding presence of defence in case the Klingons perceive the defeat as a sign of weakness and assume a offensive posture.

Once allo movement is concluded...Attack, destroy the Federation fleet.

For the will.....................................

Commodores Quarters BCJ USS Republic, Flagship of the Federation Perimeter fleet.

Commodore Dexter Thorn commanding:
"today we engaged and defeated aggresive forces of the Tholian Assembly, we lost the USS Richeliue, with all the crew including captain jenkins, she was a good officer, the Richeliue gave as good as she got." The commodore reaches over takes his glass of brandy in hand, drinks the sharp liquid. "I expect increased Tholian Activity on this border, Request reinforcements to deal with any future threats." The commodore shut off the Log recorder, not a man of many words that was his full report to Star fleet command.

he looks into the dark view screen in the quiet room, lost in thought...next time the tholian will not make the same mistake....we have to be ready for him.....Cant mess this one up. with most of starfleets budget tied up in carrier research and construction of the new Fleet starbase we are left with what we have...it will get interesting.
Commodore Mendez
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PallidaMors wrote:
DArc_Tangent wrote:
In my defense, I managed to seperate the Fed ships into 2 groups and attacked 2 ships with all 4 Tholian ships. Having never run Tholians before, I wasn't too familiar with the tactics involved with the web casters.

My conclusion for the battle was I should've taken more time to close and used the web casters in Fist mode at close range and should've taken photons on the CC for better single shot effect. Also, Tholians greatest strength is defense, not offense. As the Tholians went into this battle with less PV in ships, they should probably not have attacked in the first place. Attackers, by the rules of Risk, should always have superior numbers or units than the defenders. The Tholians didn't have that. As it is, both sides lost ships...which can REALLY mess up future economic turns (for ship purchase percentages).

The results of the battle were transmitted almost instantly through the deep of space along the pathways of the Tholian WTN. Admiral Xiril and the Tholian 1st fleet of retribution has been defeated. The command Cruiser Protector and all hands destroyed, the Advanced Cruiser Avenger limping home.

The Tholian Military Leadership reviewed the battle results from data seeds uploaded from the Avenger. In cold silence Special Tholian Cerebral units analysed the battle, calculated and created a summary.

Re-attack the Federation, Re-assiagn Admiral Xiril to the Home Fleet, transfer Admiral Vorak from the home fleet to the 1st and assign a new command vessel to lead the 1st Fleet of Retribution.

Fleet logisitcs report that the Dreadnaught: Guard of the Will can be easily re-assigned and given flag status. use the nucleus of the ships that are left from teh 1st fleet and add the NCA Ferocity. Do not re-assign the Advanced HDN:Sword of the Will, leave it as flag of the Home Fleet, it is needed to be a commanding presence of defence in case the Klingons perceive the defeat as a sign of weakness and assume a offensive posture.

Once allo movement is concluded...Attack, destroy the Federation fleet.

For the will.....................................

Commodores Quarters BCJ USS Republic, Flagship of the Federation Perimeter fleet.

Commodore Dexter Thorn commanding:
"today we engaged and defeated aggresive forces of the Tholian Assembly, we lost the USS Richeliue, with all the crew including captain jenkins, she was a good officer, the Richeliue gave as good as she got." The commodore reaches over takes his glass of brandy in hand, drinks the sharp liquid. "I expect increased Tholian Activity on this border, Request reinforcements to deal with any future threats." The commodore shut off the Log recorder, not a man of many words that was his full report to Star fleet command.

he looks into the dark view screen in the quiet room, lost in thought...next time the tholian will not make the same mistake....we have to be ready for him.....Cant mess this one up. with most of starfleets budget tied up in carrier research and construction of the new Fleet starbase we are left with what we have...it will get interesting.

Sounds like the Fed is about to get a pounding!!
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we shall see, the federation should be able to put up a very staunch defense and possible counter offensive, the new starbase that is strategically postioned equadistantly between the tholians and the klingons provides a gret forward base to launch deep incursions into the assembly's territory. also the new BCJ Alliance is more than a match for any old Tholian DN.

it shall be interesting.

also i will be sending out new COW rules.

More legendary officer skills
new convoy rules
new peacetime wargames rules
cleaned up admirals VP chart
more ship to ship classic battle options in the maruadur rules

PM
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully today sir drake can post picutres of the tholian federation battle.

you can really so how the federation units were split by the tholian webs.

PM
Pinkfluffychicken
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinecone: Good rules. Like the idea of running two races each in a two player campaign and the rest seems from this distance to hang together Cool .

laughs: You generated the map pretty much the way the Kurrent Klingon and I generated our campaign map - we did it in an afternoon and my head nearly exploded.

Especially like rule G7.

D'arc Tangent: The trouble with shiny new weapons is that one tends to spend too much time having fun with them and not enough paying attention to what the enemy is doing...Been there done that - still do Rolling Eyes

A slightly belated Happy New Year to all Very Happy
Famous last words #11: "That's a very big fleet!"
Sir Drake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't at the game so I am just going to post the pics and let Pete explain them:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/fed%20vs%20tho%201/tvsf2.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/fed%20vs%20tho%201/tvsf1.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/fed%20vs%20tho%201/tvsf3.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/fed%20vs%20tho%201/tvsf4.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/fed%20vs%20tho%201/tvsf5.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/fed%20com/fed%20vs%20tho%201/tvsf6.jpg
From the Movie ZULU
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some of the new COW rules

WARGAMES(optional)

During times of peace or when there are tenable times, an empire may join in war games with an allied power. The benefits of these war games is to allow for the gaining (though reduced) of victory points as well as to practice tactics in a controlled environment. The act of having war games constitutes a one turn treaty and as such costs 1 command token to arrange the war game. Both empires agree to specific, terms, number of ships, location and any specific goals to accomplish the war game. Then the players position their ships and play, the battle is conducted normally and all rules apply. The only difference is that none of the damage that is scored is actual damage, it is simulated. The victory points scored are 50% of the total value as opposed to full value being given, Admirals may also gain VP in this manner though also at the 50% value. All ships used in the war game are used for the duration of the turn and may not be used in other roles this includes fast warships.

REVISED VICTORY CONDITIONS (optional)

These revised victory point charts serve to accelerate the amount of victory points for each battle, these victory points are used in raising officers in level as well as raising ship characteristics above 20.

Victory point table:

Points are scored for the following:

for scoring internal hits = 10% of point value
for forcing an enemy ship to disengage = 25% of point value
for crippling an enemy ship or scoring 1 frame hit = 50% of point value
for destroying an enemy ship = 100% of point value
for capturing an enemy ship = 200% of point value
take total points and divide by 5 to get VP value, then divide by the number of ships.
Points may also be awarded for scenario specific goals and or role playing, 1-10 points may be awarded this way.
These points are then distributed amongst the ships into the ships VP pool and then are further distributed among the officers.

ADMIRALS VICTORY POINT CHART
to determine victory levels for you admirals use the following chart:

At the end of the battle compare the total number of victory points gained to the total number of points in your fleet. To do this add up all of the points in your ships and divide the total by 10 to get your fleet point value. Then take your victory points gained for the battle using the above victory point rules for ships and officers. Then using the two point totals compare them to see the ratio of victory points to total fleet points then refer to the following chart.

Take the total VIP and divide by the fleet point value to get your ratio.

Example a defending fleet scores 75 victory points and has 548 points of ships in their fleet, which equals 55 points ( total ships divided by 10) then taking the 75 points dived that total into 55 which equals 1.36 this falls in between 1.0 and 1.5 and counts as a Decisive victory and the Defending admiral would receive 10 VP.

Ratio victory level VP's awarded to Admiral
2.5 Astounding 16
1.5 Strategic 13
1.0 Decisive 10
.75 Tactical 8
.50 Marginal 5
.25 Draw 2
.24 or less defeat 0

OFFICER AND ADMIRAL LEVEL CHARTS

The following chart is used to determine the advancement of Veteran Officers and Admirals.

Level Total VP points
1 0-12
2 13-24
3 25-50
4 51-100
5 100 +

MERCHANT MARINE RULES

the new merchant marine rules replace the old freighter rules, in only so much that the empires do not spend points on individual freighters instead for every 5 economic points spent in the merchant marine pool that empire gains 1 point of Economy each turn. This total can grow for every 5 points invested over time. As before the total amount that is hauled by your merchant marine cannot exceed 50% of your total output from your systems. Also trade agreements which can add up to an additional 25% per agreement to the total system output of an empire are handled with the same rule. (note that an empire may not have more than 2 trade agreements.

Q Ships are still handled the same way but the the points in the merchant marine pool is what the Q-ship cap is compared against. So for every 20 points on the MM pool you may have 1 small Q-ship or for every 30 you may have a large Q ship. Q-ships are inserted by the defending player if they are available and have been purchased the Q-ship rules found earlier in COW are followed.

RAID RESULTS AND CONVOY COMPOSITION RESULTS AND CHART
Raids may be announced during the raid step and each raiding ship makes a raid roll, also for each raider roll the empire being raided may make a patrol roll for each patrol ship. Each raider and patrol ship may only have a maximum of 1 roll per turn. The steps are as follows.
1. Raiding empire rolls on raid chart
2. Defending empire rolls on patrol chart (battles are fought as needed)
3. Use the optional convoy chart to determine the composition of freighters that were found to do this roll on the raid chart below, then roll the number of freighters found in the convoy. Refer to the left column of the convoy chart the convoy size is the number of freighters found. Then roll a D6 cross index the die roll with the convoy size to see the mix of freighters found. This new rule supports the new Merchant marine rules above.
4. Raiding empire rolls on raid results chart, if the empire that was raided offers no patrol to contest the raid.

Raid chart
1-2 Raid is a failure you find no freighters
3 Small convoy 1d4 freighters
4 medium convoy 1d6 freighters
5 large convoy 1d10 freighters
6 Huge convoy 1d10+2 freighters

Patrol Chart
1-3 no interception
3-5 interception, resolve battle if patrol vessel is destroyed then roll raid results.
6 interception, convoy escapes

Raid Results charts
1 convoy escapes into the warp
2-3 25% of convoy is destroyed
4 50%
5 75%
6100%
Freighters lost in battle deduct the amount lost in value to what that freighter would have been able to carry from the empires merchant marine economic pool.
asguard101
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PallidaMors wrote:

RAID RESULTS AND CONVOY COMPOSITION RESULTS AND CHART
Raids may be announced during the raid step and each raiding ship makes a raid roll, also for each raider roll the empire being raided may make a patrol roll for each patrol ship. Each raider and patrol ship may only have a maximum of 1 roll per turn. The steps are as follows.
1. Raiding empire rolls on raid chart
2. Defending empire rolls on patrol chart (battles are fought as needed)
3. Use the optional convoy chart to determine the composition of feighters that were found to do this roll on the raid chart below, then roll the number of freighters found in the convoy. Refer to the left column of the convoy chart the convoy size is the number of freighters found. Then roll a D6 cross index the die roll with the convoy size to see the mix of freighters found. This new rule supports the new Merchant marine rules above.
4. Raiding empire rolls on raid results chart, if the empire that was raided offers no patrol to contest the raid.

Palli what is the Optional Convoy Chart?
Rick Smith
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the photos, are the beads power tokens or Tholian Webs? I've been trying to figure out how to handle Tholian Webs in battles that don't use a hex board...

UPFY
Sir Drake
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Palli what is the Optional Convoy Chart?[/quote]

I have tried to make a copy that I can upload here to show you.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/danldrake/campaignoptionalconvoychart.jpg

Basicly the first colum on the left side equals the die roll results on the new raid chart and then a die 6 is rolled to show the that convoy"s composition for that fight.

Now instead of buying the differant classes of frieghters for your empire you spend 5 pp to add 1 you your frieghter pool and if a fight goes to the matt to roll on the chart and get a random convoy for that fight.

hope this makes sense,

Daniel
From the Movie ZULU
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick Smith wrote:
In the photos, are the beads power tokens or Tholian Webs? I've been trying to figure out how to handle Tholian Webs in battles that don't use a hex board...

those are the tholian webs, the die in the middle tells you the web number.
Rick Smith
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, nice. I was leaning more towards that in my head when I saw the pic. Thanks for confirming it. Good way of dealing with Tholian webs with no hexes. Is this a common way of doing them, or just how your gaming group does it.

Thanks for the reply.

UPFY
PallidaMors
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is rough draft and does not include the over 40 racial abilites in the game..yet.

SHIP LEVELING SYSTEM(revised)

The ship leveling system is an alternate system that if used replaces the officer legendary system. Instead of raising the levels of different officers, the victory points instead are used to raise the level of the ship. Ship levels are not actually referred to as levels but as Ratings and going forward will be used as such. Each time ships engage in battle or accomplish specific scenario objectives, that ship or ships are awarded victory points (as above) Victory points when accumulated in certain amounts raises the rating of the ship. Every ship in the Code Of War campaign setting are allowed the ability to improve in rating. The benefits to raising in rating is the acquisition of special ship abilities, characteristic points and certain rating benefits.

Characteristic points are awarded every level and can be assigned to the various ship characteristics to raise their overall value. Rating benefits are acquired by all ships in all empires when they achieve certain ratings, the explanation of rating benefits are explained below and the rating chart shows when they are achieved. Ship special abilities are unique and powerful enhancements that ships acquire as they raise in rating. Special abilities are grouped together in levels of 1-5 and then there are certain abilities called Exemplars that are achieved at the highest ratings.

All ships have a starting rating of 0 and an move up to the highest rating which is 10. Ships of the 1-3 rating are strong ships in their own right when compared to the standard built ship of rating 0, rating of 4-7 are very powerful and unique ships that have earned powerful abilities and are decorated ships that any empire would be proud to field. Ships with a rating of 8-9 are able to fight multiple ships on their own of the same point value and possess some of the most powerful special abilities in the game. Ships of the coveted 10th rating are battle veterans of the highest caliber with names of legend and mystique that are known throughout the many empires. ships of this rating can potentially stop a squadron of similar point value ships or defeat a much stronger ship in terms of point value in single battle. theoretically it is possible for a ship to move to a rating of higher than 10 but these are to handled on a one on one basis and possess exemplar abilities.

Ship rating chart

Rating VP Special abilities by level additional enhancements
0 0-12 1 2 3 4 5 each rating gained gives the
1 13-24 1 ship 2 characteristic points
2 25-50 2 1
3 51-75 2 2 +1 on all direct fire rolls
4 76-100 2 2 1
5 101-130 2 2 2
6 131-160 3 2 2 1 +1 on all range charts
7 161-200 3 3 3 1
8 201-300 3 3 3 2 1
9 301-400 4 3 3 3 1 +2 on all direct fire rolls
10 401+ 4 4 4 3 2

ships improve in rating for ever 200 VP after 10th rating and gain an exemplar ability every 2 ratings.

Special ability charts by level.

Ships special abilities are ranked by a level of 1-5 the following is the list of abilities by level descriptions for each ability follows. The abilities have changed from the original abilities found in the empire rules. In the old ability where an officer was referred to it now implies the ship. Racial abilities are grouped by level as well but can only be used by the empire that the ability is described as being a part of.

Level 1 Abilities (general abilities)

1.Margin of victory
2.Discipline
3.combat strategies
4.command tactics
5.crew training
6.absolute responsibility
7.provide power
8.duelist
9.shield wall
10.calibrate
11.shield
12.legion of honor
13.masters duel
14.One last duty (rom)

Level 2 abilities
1.captains sacrifice
2.command structure
3.Ship Acumen
4.indirect attack
5.defense matrix
6.reach of many
7.hand of the ship
8.marksman
9.sword
10.efficient geometry
11.jugular strike
12.morale of the empire
13.master shield harmonics (fed)
14.Sharpshooter (fed)
15.Weapons Geometry (klingon)
16.target engines only (klingon)
17.Seeker junior Grade (Kzn)
18.Drone burnout (Ly)
19.Born of fire (GN)

Level 3 abilities
1.Confusion
2.Master strategist
3.Sword and shield command
4.ship steward
5.countermeasures
6.cyclone
7.whirlwind
8.evasive mastery
9.expert maneuvering
10.profiler
11.ship conqueror
12.Shield harmonics (fed)
13.Improved shield (fed)
14.Emergency weapons (fed)
15.weapons master (klingon)
16.Wolves maneuver (klingon)
17.Seeker Senior grade (kzn)
18.Lord Centurion (rom)
19.Fusion expert (HY)
20.Flight master (HY)
21.Trap (HY)
22.ESG Pulse (Ly)
23.Hammer of the tri-star (GN)
24.Mangler (GN)
25.Devastator (SEL)

Level 4 abilities
1.Academy mastery
2.emergency power
3.star beacon
4.captains bluff (fed)
5.emergency warp power (fed)
6.Saber dance (klingon)
7.Shield of Khaless (klingon)
8.Mass Drones (Kzn)
9.Gatling Plasma (rom)
10.Defense maneuver 1 (rom)
11.Strike point alpha (Ly)
12.Iron guard of the tri-star (GN)
13.De fence grid (TH)
14.Accelerator (SEL)
15.Wolf Pack (Klingon)
16.Sword of the Lord Marshall (HY)
17.Assassin squad(OR)

Level 5 abilities
1.Veteran captains bluff (fed)
2.Commune (SEL)
3.Peace of the federation (fed)
4.Dominance (TH)
5.Fear of the Empire (Klingon)
6.Hand of justice (HY)
7.Swords to plowshares (KZ)
8.Saint Pallida's Archangels of wrath (KZ)
9.Shadow of war (OR)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 43 of 58

Jump to: