Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Federation Schematics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Neale's Starship Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamTurner
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanguard wrote:
CX Test Two - Added nacelles.

Hey Vance. I didn't know you were still working on this. It's awesome to see that you are! It looks great so far! Do you think you could send me the toolkit parts once you finish them?

Also, the rest of your work looks great as usual. How's LFS coming along? Any updates on the project?
akula
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look great!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the Med DN, Heavy Destroyer, and Deckhouse Destroyer.
Vanguard
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's a more oddball ship for you...

Peacekeeper Class Police Carrier
(SFB)

The other DN types are coming the rest of this week. My schedule has been thrown off with my girls going to school again. (First weeks are a pain, and my youngest started Kindergarten...)

LFS is coming along a bit more nicely as I get things together. I'm in a LARGE organization pass - and will have to hit up Steve for some more fun specifics that he's likely loathe to do soon. Smile

As for the DA and the DDH, have they ever been finalized? I've got nada on either of them.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that the PolCV was a Police Cutter with a pair of fighter pods from a Base Station added to the sides (they look a bit like a flattened "C" shape), not Carrier pods for a Tug or freighter.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdood wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the PolCV was a Police Cutter with a pair of fighter pods from a Base Station added to the sides (they look a bit like a flattened "C" shape), not Carrier pods for a Tug or freighter.

Heh...

Does that make MORE sense? Or less? Not sure.. the blurb I got only mentioned two carrier pods, but that's all it said. Is there any art ANYWHERE of the various base stations?
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an SVC top-view drawing somewhere in one of the products. I don't recall if it was in a ship-description or if it was in a scenario graphic.

The Fighter Pods (note: Base-Augmentation 'Fighter Pod', not Tug/Freighter 'Carrier Pod') are attached to either side of the angular forward "command hull". They are shallow arc shapes that bow out from the "command hull" and were slightly longer than that portion of the hull in the graphic.

The pods are made to attach to the outside periphery of a Base/Battle Station's main hull, thus the curved shape. You can see two Base-Augmentation pods on the Mobile Base mini here here
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolCV has two Small Base Modules next two the saucer. Drawing in Module J. Imagine if you hooked two trapazoids, one on each side of the command module on the Pol.

Heavy Destroyer - Uses Heavy War Destoyer Module under saucer on DD two nacelles. CL33

Deckhouse Destroyer - DD with deckhouse straight back from Bridge. Kinda maybe a little like Joshua Paul Class. CL33

Medium DN, DNL with Miranda type saucer addition and miranda type torpedo pod.

DLM- DNL that has secondary hull that can have Heavy War Destroyer Module as insert.

Also police ships from CL 24, one of which I believe you have already done.

I would still be curious to see the fighters.

EDIT: CORRECTED CL to CL33 for the DD's
Vanguard
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. step at a time, then.

I don't have CL33, unfortunately. (I'll look for it today, there's a total of ONE store in town that carries it...) In case I fail, can you jot down the ships, types, and registries that it mentions? I hate to feel so... incomplete. Smile
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akula wrote:
Heavy Destroyer - Uses Heavy War Destoyer Module under saucer on DD two nacelles. CL33

Actually, it was an NCA module, not a DW module.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
akula
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to differ with Mike but I'm 99% sure its a HDW module as the SSD is identical to the HDW module and I'm pretty sure the text refers to it being able to use those same rules. I'm at work and I don't have CL33 in front of me unfortunately.

EDIT Fixed HDW

EDIT Now that I think about it Mike might be right

Last edited by akula on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
akula
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to do back to back replies but here are the different X-Ship hulls

CX
DDX/DGX - Based on unbuilt NDD, probably similar to NCL in design although clearly based on DD hull. With that said I personally like the X-ship above as a DDX design with the nacelles under the hull. You would have to ask SVC if that is ok. I would LOVE to see a DD-NDD-DDX progression drawing!
FFX
NCAX
HDWX
DWX
CSX - Based on CS
GSCX/GVX
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akula wrote:
Not to differ with Mike but I'm 99% sure its a HDW module as the SSD is identical to the HDW module and I'm pretty sure the text refers to it being able to use those same rules. I'm at work and I don't have CL33 in front of me unfortunately.

EDIT Fixed HDW

EDIT Now that I think about it Mike might be right

I meant to say HDW, not DW.

It is the NCA module. But I'm cheating. I know because I designed the ship. Smile

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Ravenhull
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to say, that version does look kinda cool, though I would think it might have some minor issues...

"Captain, I've got her to full acceleration... we should hit Warp 1.01 in 5 minutes..."

Donovan Willett, USS Alabama
Vanguard
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, for accelleration, you use the impulse drive, and that thing has THREE of 'em! Granted, warp speed is going to be a pain to keep up. I'm not sure what the warp capabilities of a police ship are, much less when trying to extend the bubble over two pods.
AdamTurner
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanguard wrote:
I dunno, for accelleration, you use the impulse drive, and that thing has THREE of 'em! Granted, warp speed is going to be a pain to keep up. I'm not sure what the warp capabilities of a police ship are, much less when trying to extend the bubble over two pods.

Well, those pods are heavy. I'd guess that this ship would make the WYN Cluster's fleet look like a bunch of graceful trapeze artists! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Neale's Starship Art All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: