Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sideslipping Drones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Grogan
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Sideslipping Drones Reply with quote

I'm just getting back into the game after over a years break and re-reading all the rules. Am I right in saying that Drones sideslip just like other units on the board?

If so, it looks mighty difficult to keep track of which ones have and which ones havent.

I've only played the game 4 times before, and from what I vaguely remember we didnt bother sideslipping drones.

Thanks,

Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, drones may sideslip like any other unit that can move.

With a turn mode of 1, not it doesn't matter too much. It occasionally can, but not very often.

Personally, I rarely play large actions, but even still, I don't remember anyone have too much trouble keeping track of it. (They move pretty fast, so it is easier to keep track of.)

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAul,
Mike is correct. We have played many Fleet actions involving Kzinti forces and it's never been a problem.
Since they have a turn mode of 1, I can't remember that it's ever even come up - "Hey, did that drone slip last sub-pulse? If so, it needs to turn or move straight this sub-pulse".
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This same question was also asked just recently in the General topic (Rules Questions, where you posted it, is the more appropriate location though). There isn't really that much more there than is posted here, but you might want to check it anyway.

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1056
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: