Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Releases for Summer 2010!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: New Releases for Summer 2010! Reply with quote

Hi all,

SVC asked me to put up the link to the new products we have released. You'll find the new Vudar ships, the new Squadron Boxes, and the new Captain's Log #41 Supplemental File. The link is here: http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=S&Category_Code=NP

From SVC's My Day blog: Leanna decided that the SupFiles will no longer be free downloads but will be on e23 and the shopping cart for $5, which will at least allow us to spend some billable hours adding cooler stuff there.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean, do you know when Cap Log Supplemental we be available on e23?
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Any ETA on the Fed OCA?

NEW Page | OLD Page
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's fair enough. But will there be a general description of what is in the supplemental files? To help people decide whether they want to buy it?

"Your knowledge of my existence must be punished" Twisted Evil
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean, I would like to see the rules from Captain's Log 41 (Frax, Super COmputer et al) placed on e23 for sale. I will send an email to Leanna.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we want to get into selling individual pages (e.g., super computer) on e23.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinecone you can see it on the cart if you go look:

http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=5741-S&Category_Code=NP

which says
Quote:
This 32-page booklet includes much-needed information about the main Captain's Log #41 issue, as well as supplementary materials. Included are the designer notes for Captain's Log #41 from each department head, the complete Origins 2010 report, the TerrorWerks gun run report, another Input Guide (this one on creative writing), the detailed CL#40 after-action review, the Alpha Strike rules for Federation Commander, more from Admiral Growler, rejected term papers and tactical notes (along with why they were rejected), more battle groups, Sectors B and C of the F&E Hurricane Scenario, the ISC fast battleship for SFB, the FRAX submarine frigate for Federation Commander, and the Romulan KF5WR war destroyer for Starmada.

Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the info about the availability of PDF download from e23: I just asked Leanna and they are sending it to SJ Games today. From that point, SJG has to process it; we hope it will be up as early as Monday.

I will try to keep an eye on it and let folks know when it becomes available.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got everything ready for upload Friday, but our password to the SJG site didn't work. (They change it every month, and on July 1st I sent the new one to Leanna, and deleted my copy, and she seems to have accidentally deleted her copy.) So, we asked for a new one at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon. A good bet is that we won't get a new one until noon-ish Monday. Leanna will upload the supplement then, at which time it will take SJG some amount of time (we have no idea but assume less than 24 hours) to make it available. Now, it's theoretically possible that when Leanna gets in here after lunch on Saturday, she just might find a new password in her email, which might speed things up. (There wasn't one a few minutes ago, I looked.)
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain's Log #41 Supplemental File is up on e23. Here is the link: http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB5741-S

I hope you enjoy it!
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see from the c23 page that I'm listed as one of the authors - although it's possibly just another rejected tactical article Smile - does that mean I can get a free copy of it? 'Tis usually how it works with printed products, although usually for a larger article....

Geez, what a scrounger. Still, you don't ask, you don't get Smile
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, no free copies. ADB did not list you, SJG did (for reasons that make no sense to me). Lots of published things do not get free copies, including term papers and that ilk, and even battle forces.
Krellex
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supplement 41 is SOOOO worth the $5, everyone should go get it right now! Smile

Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiousity, what is it about CL41SupFile that is SOOOOO worth the $5? I want to know what you think so I can make sure CL42SupFile is also "soooo worth it".

If I were to guess that the 'worth it' part was the rejected term papers, you might get no ships in CL42SF, so I need to know exactly what parts of it are "soooooo worth it".
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
Nope, no free copies. ADB did not list you, SJG did (for reasons that make no sense to me). Lots of published things do not get free copies, including term papers and that ilk, and even battle forces.

Don't matter Smile Gonna buy it anyway. Hey, I'm glad you are making a bit of money back on all that effort Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: