Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Get your tactic published!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Get your tactic published! Reply with quote

For those who aren't aware, we have had for many years a system of collecting, grading, (and publishing the best of) the tactics written by our players.

Tactics for Federation Commander should be Emailed to me: design@StarFleetGames.com

Tactics for Star Fleet Battles and Federation & Empire should be emailed to Steve Petrick: rules@StarFleetGames.com

This corrects something I misunderstood and confused everybody about earlier today. I heard the words "term paper" and thought "star fleet battles" (SFB tactics have been called term papers for 20 years) and said to send them to Petrick, but I think the discussion was about FC papers.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification, Steve. I guess we could have been a bit clearer when we originally mentioned the tactic. We mistakenly assumed that since we mentioned the Federation Coimmander forum, you'd realized that we meant a tactic for Federation Commander.

Our bad, and will not happen again.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you send in papers, pick a punchy title, shorter is better.

On the line under the title, list your real name and the ship you are on. For americans, the ship you are on is your home state, for example, I am on USS Texas. For Canadians, list your province, e.g. HMS Ontario. UK can list your county or the country, HMS England or HMS Wessex. Others can list the country USS France or the province USS Normandy. If you're in a non-US country just take your best shot or maybe two or three of them. If your city (even in the US) has a ship on the official ship name list, such as USS Chicago, you can use that.

Not your bad, Scoutdad, just me being sleepy. There is some stuff for SFB around here and lots of SFB vets who slip into SFBspeak.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a list of relevant ship prefixes by country, which might help.

(Interestingly, the Canadian one has two entries - HMCS/NCSM - in English and French!)

Gary
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In future, send tactics for FC to Steve Petrick at rules@StarFleetGames.com as he does a better job with them than I do?
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the UK too, we have ships named after provinces and cities/towns, or at least we did have when we had a Navy.... Sad

There were some very famous County Class cruisers in WWII, such as HMSs Norfolk, Suffolk, Dorsetshire, Devonshire. Also cruisers such as HMS Exeter [that's a city name].

In the Falklands War, HMS Sheffield was made very famous, unfortunately by being hit by an Exocet Sad Sad

However mine would be either HMS Devonshire [my county] or HMS Torbay - where I live - Ok so the Torbay is a nuclear-powered attack sub, but that's only the equivalent of being cloaked anyway....

Hopefully other countries will have ships named after similar principles.

No doubt you guys are flexible as to what you put for the contributor's 'ship' anyway, but my point is that there's lots of scope for non-US people to choose their 'ship' name! Smile
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just to confirm that I did come here to look for any Federation Commander Command Notes For Captain's Log #38
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Tactics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: