Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I could use some tactical advice here....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vladimyr
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: I could use some tactical advice here.... Reply with quote

(Squadron Scale)

I am having significant difficulty in taking down a 140 point Base Station with my 147 point Fed CA.

We are using the Sensor rules from Communique 28 (so the BS has two Special Sensors) and it seems that I just can't get the hang of base assaulting.

If I sit at range, my photons are useless due to the Base's jamming, and I get outgunned.
If I go for a close pass to overcome the jamming, then as soon as I come out of Evasive Maneuvers, I get creamed. I can cripple the base, but that is small consolation for the families of my crew.

Any suggestions or advice? I could really use the help.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I think, for what it's worth...

The point values in Federation Commander for the various ships and bases do not always show the true combat value of a particular ship. Even more than that, a ship's value might be totally different depending on the type of mission it is attempting to accomplish.

That being stated, I think it would be rare for a base to be attacked by a single ship, even if they are fairly equal in value.

Have you tried the actual base assault scenario with the suicide freighter?

Even putting a couple of smaller ships at the base and then balancing the attacking side with a ship or ships equal to their point values will probably give different results.

I have to admit that I haven't tried using the special sensor rules yet, but it is easy to see how that would definitely affect the ability of an attacking force to get in good shots at range.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you used a dreadnaught, It might be a more even fight. Either that or use an orion base station, which has only ph-1's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Tactics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: