Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Space Dragon, DefSat, Gorn, Romulan, Orion, Kzinti, & Ly
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, Art.

Whatr do you make those out of? Is it something that might possibly be castable? I know that SVC was looking to produce a line of minis for Prime Directive at one point in time.

Also, Have you ever considered trying to do only of hte more alien races? A Hydran, a Kzinti, or even a Tholian? Just wondering how they'd look.
malleman
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the ones I have done so far, not including the Orion captain.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg269/malisalleman/Star%20Trek/IMG_2109.jpg

The picture is not so clear, so it is kind of hard to get a good look of the capatains. It is one of my first pictures, and I have since learned a few tricks to make them clearer.

The captians were made from 1/35 scale US Army infantry soldiers made by Tamiya I bought on sale for less than $5. I sanded the features down and brushed on large amounts of Testors' plastic cement to "melt/blend" the features several times. The Gorn Kzinti, and Lyran were made using heads and tails from a zoo collection. I then made the phasers/dirupters from the gun parts in the set. I also used green stuff to mold certain areas as well as the hair on the heads. It was a very simple process. I got the idea from another website in which a guy named Stephen Oakley Slater created a shuttle craft diorama.

I started looking for parts for a Tholian last week, but was not satisfied with what I found. Still looking, but in no rush.

As for the Hydran, I just have not gotten around to making one yet. I usually do something like this (kitbash projects) between working on my minis. Somehting to break up the routine.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always impressed by these malleman.
Figure painting is a whole different kind of art and you are quite good at it.
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forgotten about the Gorn and the Kzinti. Too bad they are plastic and can't be cast - oh, well - que sera sera.

If you ever decide to do a Hydran, I'll be glad to purchase it from you to use as a Hydran Voodoo Doll. Twisted Evil
malleman
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliment djdood.

I would encourage anyone interested in makeing their own to try. They are truely are not that complicated. All you really need is some green stuff, glue, files, and paint. If anyone needs help maiking their own, contact me, I will be more than happy to help Smile .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: