Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to crack a starcastling Fed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RIS_Mace
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: How to crack a starcastling Fed Reply with quote

In a recent battle, I flew a Klingon C7 against a Federation BCF. My main trouble started when the Fred slowed down to speed 4 and reinforced his front shield. From about R15, my disruptors and ph-1's weren't knocking down the shield, and he picked at my 3 and 5 shields with his phasers as I circled around.

Unfortunately, I couldn't close in and hit the Fed because of the threat of plasma and a photon firestorm.

Any suggestions? Thank you
pneumonic81
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people who patrol these forums play FedCom.

However, If it were me and the fed was movbing speed 4 I would slow to 8, and reinforce the phaser damage, and overpower with r15 disruptors.

he will have 6-8 phasers usually, you will have 5-6 and 4 disruptors, you should have the advantage. Even if you turn out not to crack a shield, you have countered his damage. Its a game of patience after that.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time, play with a C7 and a normal BC, or a BCJ. BCF would typically be fighting Romulans anyway...
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you can keep the range open long enough to build up overloads of your own, then run the risk of closing to range eight, hit him on an oblique with your disruptors and facing phasers (and drones - or perhaps launch the drones earlier, so that their impact co-incides with your attack) and turn off to try and outrun, evade or shoot down his plasmas.

They are only Plasma-Fs, unlike the heavier torps a Gorn ship can carry, and his photons are less likely to hit you than your disruptors are at hitting him.

(If you really wanted to risk things, you could try and beam over some Marines to try and perform hit-and-run raids on his photons or plasma launchers... if you end up losing the facing shield from his return fire anyway, might as well send the parties over and see what happens.)

And if you time the pass right, you can try to hit him in a facing which keeps you out of his photon arcs - since you can keep the speed up, you have more room to get where he doesn't want you to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Tactics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: