Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'nother Web Caster question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: 'nother Web Caster question Reply with quote

(4Q1b) Direct Fire: states "Web Casters are Direct-Fire Weapons; their use is declared along with all other Direct Fire Weapons, but they fire after all other such weapons."

Does this mean that you declare them simultaneously with all other direct fire weapons but they don't have an opportunity to fire until after the other weapons fire is resolved? And if so, do you pay the points to use them and hope they are not disabled before you can fire them?

Or, is it still simultaneous enough fire that you can fire them regardless of whether they are damaged or not? i.e., all other direct fire weapons go first, then the cast web shows up?

Rule (4Q3c) follows up with: "... is marked when the web caster fires but does not take effect until the following impulse. During the inactive period, it has no effect on movement or weapons fire. It becomes active after all direct fire weapons fire, but before further web casters cast web..."

Well, I guess I answered my own question.
The SOP should read:
Direct Fire Phase: Designate - Execute - Resolve
Web Caster Phase: Previously Cast Web takes effect - Fire Web Casters

MJWest - Can you confirm that this is the correct procedure? Also, since Web Casters are declared in he Direct Fire Phase, do you pay the cost then, or when they actually fire?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: