Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home-Made Minis
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malleman wrote:

Now come on Scoutdad, we all know as soon as you added any GW parts to your Bane Blade (2nd pic) the price of your project shot through the roof Laughing . Nice job on them. We had one guy make his out of foam board. They came out nice.

You got me there... fortunately - those were all left-overs from my bitz box where I'd done other conversion s and picked up extra sprues of pieces at various conventions and get togethers...
Davec_24
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Baneblades Scoutdad Smile I get my plastic card from the local model shop. Thankfully we have a decent one where I live - I've known several model shops that don't even sell plastic card... Confused

malleman, the polystyrene cement idea is also a good one; I've used it as a smoother/filler before, too. For making curved shapes, dipping the piece you want to bend in boiling water and then forming it round something of about the right diameter until it cools also works quite well - I used that to make a transparency for a tail turret on a model bomber once (a kit-bashed Avro Lincoln), and I was surprised at how well the part held its shape.
Davec_24
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just put a "how-to" guide about these minis in a new thread in the miniatures section. I've made two new ships and photographed their construction and given a description of how I made them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: