Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FC Rule Book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asguard101
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: FC Rule Book Reply with quote

When is a updated Rulebook due out, and will it include rule updates posted in Comms & CLs?
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no date for the new rulebook. The earliest that it might come out is I believe Summer 2010. But don't take that as an actual release date because one hasn't been stated.
Patrick Doyle
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is at all possible to get an updated rulebook, I would VERY HAPPILY buy one and probably 2 (1 for home 1 for traverlling). There have been enough changed in the game now that a new set of rules would be helpful (even though it might become outdated next year when other products come out.)

If it was only Chapters 1-6, that would be fine by me, scenarios and ship descriptions would probably make it too large and scare looking : )

Thanks,
Pat

junior
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add that in the meantime, you can get all of the rules updates in the sticky near the top of this forum - "Briefing #1 Rules Update file". The only rules missing that I'm aware of would be the new ones in Communique #32 (including the controversial EM change). The Briefing #1 product also contains the same changes to the rules that are listed in that update topic.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like the ship descriptions and scenarios. Sometimes when I'm bored I read Ship descriptions and have to switch books when I'm finished with one Wink
Davec_24
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd also be up for buying a new rulebook which incorporated the changes and clarifications that we've seen in communique, on this forum and in Briefing #1. The ship descriptions certainly do add a certain something to the book (and the game in general), including a list of names for each ship type - I think that's pretty cool. They just give it that little bit of extra universe-depth and context without going too far and taking up masses of space. Also if the "new" rulebook was to be the standard edition included in the "border" sets from then on, it'd make sense to have the ship descriptions in it, at least for those ships which appear in the products that the rulebook covers, unless there was to be a specific "update" version to provide the rules updates to players who already have earlier versions complete with the ship descriptions and scenarios.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "rev5" rulebook is definitely in the works, but the exact timing is still under question. I am sorry I can't be any more detailed than that. Sad

Most likely that rulebook would include sections 1-6, empire "introductions" (but no ships) in section 7, and the introductory information in section 8. The actual ship descriptions and individual scenarios would appear later in a different book or books.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Davec_24
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it will get to the point where you'll need a separate booklet for ship descriptions and/or scenarios once enough ships/scenarios have been added to the game. It is to be hoped that the rule booklet on its own will never quite get that big though! Nice to know there's a new rulebook planned for sometime, anyhow. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: