Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tractoring suicide freighters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Grogan
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Tractoring suicide freighters? Reply with quote

We played 8K3 last night, and the attackers wanted to know if they could tractor the suicide freighter and drag it along behind them. We said no, since I feared they could just drag it along at speed 24, drop it near the base and it would all be over quickly.

But, I couldnt find anything in the rules.

There could be a claim that it is a seeking weapon, which may be true - but I think all it says is that it "moves" like a seeking weapon - which to me reads that it is only treated like a seeking weapon for the purpose of movement.

Anyway - does anyone know?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(4H3) Explosion --- Fourth sentence --- Eighth Line --

A ship on the same side as the suicide freighter cannot tractor or tow the suicide freighter, but an enemy ship could.
Davec_24
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's correct - suicide freighters can be tractored and towed like a normal ship (they could even participate in a tractor auction, as they are still a "ship" and just move like a seeking weapon), but not by a ship on the same side as the suicide freighter. This may even be the case specifically so that the tactic of dragging the suicide freighter along at speed 24 doesn't work. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: