Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prime Directive PD20 Modern
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better use a GURPS Anchor, then...
JEGoodrich
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've waited over 3 years for the GURPS Fed book, so another few months won't matter much. Besides, its not like SJG is producing a lot of GURPS stuff with Munchkin taking over their production.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question has come up about the Credit class feature that a 9th-level Merchant gets.

A Merchant might want to use Credit (or have to) if he needs to have local cash on the barrelhead and is working within a short deadline, if he doesn’t want a record that his credits went to that person, or if he doesn’t have access to his funds.

An example of how this might be used:

My player's Merchant needs to have $2000 in local money and he needs to have it in an hour. He heads for a local businessman. The DC for $2000 is 20. Add 5 and we have a target of 25. The 9th-level Merchant makes that easily. As GM I rule he can either make his Wealth check (now that he has time) and pay off the person who loaned him the cash $2200 (a DC of 21 since I have to round up) or he can roll on a DC of 17 to repay the $1100 and then pay off the rest over time. Of course, if he forgets, then bad things could happen . . . . The Merchant decides to pay off the loan immediately so that if anything happens he doesn't have to deal with the consequences . . . and also removes a hook that I have into his character ("You know that money you owe--could you and your associates do this tiny favor for me instead?) Twisted Evil
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prime Directive PD20 Modern Errata Published!

If these are all the errors we have, I am doing the Happy Dance! Very Happy

http://www.starfleetgames.com/documents/ERRATA_FOR_PD20M.pdf

It does take Adobe Reader to view the file.

We are working to correct the next printing of the books.

Thank you all for your help and if you spot more, add them to the PD20M After Action thread
BPIJonathan
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean wrote:
And yes, I do want to do a new edition of PD20. Some of the typos in my copy make my teeth hurt! I need to cross-check the skills and feats to make sure they are all available. If we tell you that you need X skill as a prereq, then we'd better have that skill somewhere! Smile

If anyone wants some "quicky" fixes for the regular d20 book then you can ask, but my suggestion is to buy modern. It would be easier to tell you how to carry material back across the threshold rather than set up a new series of long drawn out conversations on here. Btw, the word quicky in the paragraph is really a misnomer. Smile
d20 system guru (PD20/PD20Modern)
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have published a new errata sheet for the PD20M Core Rulebook. This PDF is something Mike Sparks, SVC and I worked on while I was in Amarillo. The idea is that you can print this out, cut it up appropriately, and paste it over the incorrect text.

It does seem obvious the tapes were quite garbled when it came to the disruptors and their damage. It wasn't until we got into the Klingon tapes that we discovered the issue, went to an older set of tapes, and fixed the charts.

Here is the link: http://www.starfleetgames.com/documents/ERRATA_FOR_PD20M.pdf

(reposted so people can find it, no matter where they look)
dreamingbadger
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Aging for Vulcans Reply with quote

Hi just wondering if there is an aging table for Vulcans? I know their lifespan is 180 years
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we discussed that and simply decided to double the "normal" human lifespan.
dreamingbadger
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean wrote:
I think we discussed that and simply decided to double the "normal" human lifespan.

Hi Jean, thanks is that for all stages of life? a vulcan would still be a child at age 26 for example?
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 24, a Vulcan would be considered a young adult. By 32, a Vulcan is an adult.

The aging chart for humans (which is the one that is doubled) appears in the d20M Core Rulebook and is not reprinted in PD20M.
dreamingbadger
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jean
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy YOu are quite welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: