Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vudar - IPG defensive fire
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vudar Commander
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel very strongly that the IPG should give *some* defensive benefit from direct fire. If it does not, the ships will not fly as intended.

I agree that EM is not the best solution and I am glad you are amenable to some other EW-like benefit. I offered the EM idea as a start point to a dicsussion, knowing S+S's intent to keep FC on the simpler side.

I much prefer something closer to the SFB version and am willing to do playtest work on whatever we might propose here.

As of now, they are just another sort of Fed, and that is NOT the intent of their design.

Jon
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

junior,

I fully understand your concerns. I am sure that such concerns are a huge part of the reason that particular function of the IPG was left out.

That said, there is a huge difference between the IPG's EW effect and ECM drones. In my opinion, the IPG's EW effects are more of a direct effect, like seen with EM or stealth, rather than a side point, like the possibility of ECM drones or the EW benefits of fighter, plasma, and such.

Also, it is important to note that this is just an initial idea I had that has NOT been vetted by Steve. So, it could be a viable idea, or it could be still-born. This is just part of the discussion.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Vudar Commander
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the right place to suggest ideas as we play them, or should I start a separate thread?

J
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest that we keep this thread on topic. So, please just create a new thread to discuss the other issues.

But, it will be good to see more playtesting with the Vudar.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: