Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Web Reinforcement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
missmatronic
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Web Reinforcement Reply with quote

Plainly, a Web Generator/Caster can only perform one of its functions per turn. Thus a single system box cannot reinforce as it lays. This is all understood.

Question 1:

Can a ship with more than one of these systems lay and reinforce the same web during a given Impulse if the power is available? That is one laying and another reinforcing during the same Other Functions Phase?

Question 2:

Alternately, could another Tholian vessel with an available WEB or WC box simultaneously reinforce the laying ship's hex if in the same hex or adjacent to the web as it is layed?

Question 3:

Can a Web Buoy also be dropped in the same Impulse of laying in order to anchor the web just placed?

I assume the answers are yes to all three but I thought this should be confirmed. Thanks for the attention and all the help in the past.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Web Reinforcement Reply with quote

missmatronic wrote:
Question 1:
Can a ship with more than one of these systems lay and reinforce the same web during a given Impulse if the power is available? That is one laying and another reinforcing during the same Other Functions Phase?
I would assume the answer is yes, as the rules do not specifically state that webs may not be laid and reinforced in the same Impulse.

Quote:
Question 2:
Alternately, could another Tholian vessel with an available WEB or WC box simultaneously reinforce the laying ship's hex if in the same hex or adjacent to the web as it is layed?
Again, I would assume the answer would be yes.

Quote:
Question 3:
Can a Web Buoy also be dropped in the same Impulse of laying in order to anchor the web just placed?

This one I know... see the example in (5M2j) 1. Procedure...
The shuttle is launched in the Launch Pase like any other shuttle. The six points of energy merely change the shuttle into a web anchor bouy. Creating a web hex on the bouy will require another six points of power in the other functions phase of the next Impulse.
As per the SOP, the Web phase comes before the Launch Phase during Other Functions. This means you'd have to launch the anchor bouy on one impulse and then lay web the next.
missmatronic
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAhhhh!!!!

How deftly clarified Tony!!! My missing mental link was due to procedure. Issue #3 bugged me for a long time. Smooth as usual Daddyo!!!

I can't lay anchored linear web as fast as I'd hope, but at least it saves up power.

But wait, another ship can go ahead drop the floater, oh yeah!!!
missmatronic
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,

I've just realized something. Firstly, you can place a buoy on an existing web hex which had just been laid that very same impulse in certain instances I can think of.

Mainly if you already have at least one opposite end anchor and you wish to add either a new intermediate, corner or end anchor to a strand in progress. 5m2j - 2 would allow for this. In the case of an end anchor placed to terminate a linear strand, the ship would not be relieved of anchor status until the Other Functions Phase of the next impulse.

The main prohibition that comes to mind is when a single unit having nothing to serve as a second anchor to create a fresh strand of laid web. In that case the buoy must be placed prior to laying the first hex of web. SOP requires that this initial hex be layed no sooner than the Other Functions Phase of the next impulse.

The Tholian Foreman will not tolerate undue delays on his jobsite!!!
missmatronic
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,

I've just realized something. Firstly, you can place a buoy on an existing web hex which had just been laid that very same impulse in certain instances I can think of.

Mainly if you already have at least one opposite end anchor and you wish to add either a new intermediate, corner or end anchor to a strand in progress. 5m2j - 2 would allow for this. In the case of an end anchor placed to terminate a linear strand, the ship would not be relieved of anchor status until the Other Functions Phase of the next impulse.

The main prohibition that comes to mind is when a single unit having nothing to serve as a second anchor to create a fresh strand of laid web. In that case the buoy must be placed prior to laying the first hex of web. SOP requires that this initial hex be layed no sooner than the Other Functions Phase of the next impulse.

The Tholian Foreman will not tolerate undue delays on his jobsite!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: