Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After-Action Report: Duel(FCOL) - 1st game ever

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfood
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: After-Action Report: Duel(FCOL) - 1st game ever Reply with quote

This weekend I was able to play my first game of FC, using FCOL.

We played a simple duel between two fleet level ships, a D7(me) and a Fed CA. Our main goal was to get used to FCOL. I'm going from memory, so some of the facts may be a little off! Given that, I'll keep this pretty quick and simple.

Turn 1: I plotted speed 24. At around range 13, I fired my disrupters and damaged the #2 shield. I was then hoping to use my better turn mode to try to stay on that shield during the next turn, while staying away from overloaded photons.

Turn 2: The CA came at me while I tried to stay outside of range 8. After some fancy moves, the CA used a HET and took a long range photon shot at me, at range 7 or 8(it was getting late), before I could accelerate away. Only one of the photons hit, and I didn't take any major damage. At that point, the CA had less power than me, so I HET'ed back toward him and while he tried to get away. Towards the end of the turn, I was able to get to range 3 and knock down his #4 shield. I would have been able to follow-up at the start of turn 3.

We called the game at that point, b/c it was getting late. It was great to actually get to play a game, instead of just reading about it! Hopefully we will be getting more FCOL games going. I'll try to add better reports, as I get to play more games.

Doug
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good game, first or not!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Tactics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: