Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats in the Graduation Expansion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
count_zero99uk
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Whats in the Graduation Expansion. Reply with quote

This may seem like a silly question but i picked up FC:Academy today, and was surprised it wasnt in a box. Now im tempted to order Graduation straight away but just wanted to check. Does this come in a box, or is it in like a wrap around thing again?

Also in acadamy i get 4 ship cards, with Graduation do you get more cards of the same ships, or is it intended that you copy the ship templates if you want say 4 ships of the same type on the board?

Im new to FC but have had SFB sat on a shelf for years, and i mean sat on a shelf, it seemed a little too complex for some of my friends and i dont like to play games on my own. So i hope this works out better.

Regards
Zero.
Paul B
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Whats in the Graduation Expansion. Reply with quote

count_zero99uk wrote:
This may seem like a silly question but i picked up FC:Academy today, and was surprised it wasnt in a box. Now im tempted to order Graduation straight away but just wanted to check. Does this come in a box, or is it in like a wrap around thing again?

Also in acadamy i get 4 ship cards, with Graduation do you get more cards of the same ships, or is it intended that you copy the ship templates if you want say 4 ships of the same type on the board?

I'm not sure if it comes in Box, I'm guessing from the description that's its more of a wrapped thing like the Attack supplements (though maybe you could special order a box with it?? I don't know).

For Graduation, it sounds like you get everything from Klingon Border that wasnt found in Academy. So essentially:

Academy+Graduation = Klingon Border. (minus the box??)

I'm not sure what ship cards are in there, but generally I've found that you only get one ship of each time. If you want duplicates, typically you have to pick up the Boosters as well . The Boosters come with ships only found therein (I mean, some ships are ONLY in the boosters and not in the boxes/attack products) . That being said, some ships are very similar anyway. Like the Federation CA and the CC (Command-type) are identical save for a Flag bridge (from what I can tell), so if you want two CAs instead of a CC just mark out the bridge.

Though I'm not 100% sure, I've only bought boosters so far. And some boosters have duplicates of ships. The Border and Attack modules might be the same way in a few instances. If you want all the ships, and enough to play of each typically I think you pick up the border/attack plus the associated boosters (usually 3). Of course, nothing is stopping you from photocopying some extras. Also, check out the Communiques in the Commander's Circle for free ships in the PDF.
count_zero99uk
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a bit odd that it dosnt come in a box.

Ah well.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to make a CA a CC, the rear ph-1's become 360 degrese
Carthaginian
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count_zero99uk wrote:
Seems a bit odd that it dosnt come in a box.
Ah well.

Meh, boxes cost money. I gots plenty I can use to stow the game in. I'll take the very pretty picture off Academy, laminate it and affix it to a nice, durable box.
I'm just glad my copy of Graduation (ordered yesterday) is not very expensive.

BTW, here's the ship list, off ADB's site.

Federation CA, DN, CL, FF, BCG
Klingon D7, D6, C7, C8, F5
Tholian PC
Orion CR
Freighters (Large and Small)
Planet Killer
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Academy isn't in a box because a box would add six dollars to the price.

Graduation is in a box because it includes everything from Klingon Border that isn't in Academy, which includes the box. And there is so much stuff, only a box will hold it.

Klingon Border has 16 ship cards. Of these, 14 are in the Graduation and two are in Academy. (Academy also has two more ship cards from Romulan Border so you can see how Plasma works.)

All products have one of each ship. To fly multiple ships, you can
1. photocopy the cards.
2. buy booster packs.
3. use similar but different ships.
4. Find the ship in a Communique and print a copy.
Paul B
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone wrote:
to make a CA a CC, the rear ph-1's become 360 degrese

Ah, I was wondering why two command boxes cost 4 extra points. Makes more sense now.

Well sounds like Graduation is just the ticket for this guy (with a box!).
count_zero99uk
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Steve, i thought as much.

Keeping the price down on the starter is a great idea.

Well back to reading.

Tata for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: