Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to FC - Questions & Minis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evil Goatee
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toastie wrote:
I'm been wrestling with the same problem. I don't think Feds should be a pristine white, but if you tone it down, you get grey. Klingons - grey. Romulans - grey. Gorn - grey.... AAAGGHH!

BTW, is the insignia painted on, or decal?

Holey moley, I totally didn't catch that question when you posted it. This is what happens when I'm "skimming" the boards while at work. Wink I'm sorry about that.

The insignia on the D7 were painted on. Done very...very...slowly. I didn't want to use decals because the symbol was too bright for what I was trying to do. I wanted slightly muted and dirtier yellows, reds, and blues. To do that, I just painted it myself. Plus, I'm too lazy to go into photoshop and make my own set of decals.
toastie
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Goatee wrote:
The insignia on the D7 were painted on. Done very...very...slowly. I didn't want to use decals because the symbol was too bright for what I was trying to do. I wanted slightly muted and dirtier yellows, reds, and blues. To do that, I just painted it myself. Plus, I'm too lazy to go into photoshop and make my own set of decals.

Very, very cool. I thought it was painted, but the black border around the red/green/blue symbols on insignia gave me pause. I can't paint small details like that anymore, my hands shake way too much. I have to brace my hand and the mini against a stable surface and use a very short stroke. I probably should reduce my caffeine intake.
Evil Goatee
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I got me Squadron Box #7 in the mail. Within it, there's a Fed ship which I believe is the War Destroyer. Here's the thing. I have no idea how to glue the bottom third nacelle to the body. I haven't seen any picture that shows what it looks like from the bottom so.....

...I come here to ask for advice! Very Happy

There's a fin like structure coming down from main hull. I assume you're suppose to glue 3rd nacelle to it? But then, the 3rd nacelle piece has this huge blocky structure attached to it. So I'm thinking, is that extra metal from the mold? I don't think so....there's so much of it and its shaped to look like it sort of belongs to a space ship hull.

Speaking of extra metal....is the short stubby tube on the front saucer section extra metal?

OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nacelle you have there is for converting the NCL into the NCA, it fits on the underside of the saucer rear almost perfectly. The DW nacelle that you're looking for is a single normal-looking nacelle with a small slot cut out of it.

As for that bit in the front, it's just flashing from where the injection point of the mold is (I think). I do know that it needs to be removed.

Here's what the model should look like:

http://flickr.com/photos/12686828@N07/2360704708/sizes/o/

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: