Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question about Klingon F5 Frigate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonathan1971
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: question about Klingon F5 Frigate Reply with quote

Is there a typo on the speed costs for this boat? It seems rather excessive for a ship of this size especailly when compared to the Federation Frigate.

Thanks
Kor
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in SFB, there are 1/3 and 2/3 movement cost ships. That didn't translate over to FC, so many ships that should be 1/3, get dropped to 1/4, which equates to extra power. Ships like the Fed and Kizinti FF come to mind. Kinda bugs me, but I guess they didn't want to lower their power curves after increasing their movement ability, just to save some people from harder fractions.
jeffery smith
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: questions about the klingon F5 frigate Reply with quote

correct me if i'm wrong but i always saw the F5 more as a destroyer than a frigate. i always thought that was the roll of the E4.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The F5 is the universe's smallest destroyer; it's not really a frigate, even if the Klingons call it that.
Magnum357
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Steve is right. According to SFB, the Klingon F5 might almost be considered a "Pocket Destroyer", used often in situations a "True" Destroyer would be more suited yet a very powerful Frigate it is own right.

I was thinking about experimenting with the 3/8 Movement costs in my own senarios, because at 1/2 Movement cost, the F5 has a hard time competing against other Frigates out there. If other Frigates can use 1/4 Movement Cost couldn't the F5 have a unique exception aswell at 3/8?

Last edited by Magnum357 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't even try comparing it with the Z-FF. There's a thread on it somewhere....the F5 is inferior to the Z-FF in many people's opinions.
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all,

The F5 makes alittle more sense now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: