Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying To Play SFB by Facebook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Trying To Play SFB by Facebook Reply with quote

Here is my thought and something I am hoping to do.

I am hoping to play SFB by Facebook. The reason why is that in the friends list, there are usually lots of people. they see what you are doing and they get exposure to the game. If they want to stay my friend, they get to learn about it. If they don't like it, they can sacrifice the Facebook friendship for a whopper at Burger King. But that being said, for instance I am approaching almost 400 people worldwide in my Facebook friends list and these are usually people who do share some common interests with me. So to me those who participate in Facebook with me are exposed to the game, those who participate with you are exposed to the game, just playing it exposes the game, puts the thought in people's head, "oh this might be cool" and all of the sudden all of these people know about the game. SVC and ADB didn't have to spend a cent on advertising because every time you do something it gets updated. It's almost a captive audience with it unless that stupid sandwich is looking mighty good about now.

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad idea.
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Facebook and type in Star Fleet Battles and see what comes up in the search bar.

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a Star Fleet Battles group and a Star Fleet Universe Games group on Facebook.
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverin61 wrote:
Found a Star Fleet Battles group and a Star Fleet Universe Games group on Facebook.

Yes and I'm on both of those groups. There are people there who have contributed a lot to the advancement of the game too.

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So am I, now.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a great idea. Any way you can get free advertising for ADB will help, and in this case it's with minimal effort. Well done.

I like to put an ADB banner -well, actually, FC - on each page of my website; you can visit it below if you feel the urge. I really don't know if it helps, and the banners are not placed particularly prominently because I don't want to detract from the main theme of the site - but I do think that every little helps.

Anything we can do to help promote ADB means more great products, potentially more opponents, and you even get SVC's thanks too.

What more could we ask Smile

PS No I don't work for ADB Wink
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to put up an SFB fan page for SFB on Facebook. It has groups, but not a fan page. The fan page I think will also help draw attention to the game. Now with Federation Commander being the new game in town, my belief is that we need to remember it's roots and not forget SFB too. This again is public exposure, getting it out in the open and I'm also hoping that with the new movie, it will inadvertantly give it a little kick too. I can get this fan page up with information all pointing to ADB, give information on the products and before you know it, it gains a higher search engine placement, making it easier to be found. I could get this up in 10 minutes, Free to ADB because I love the game. All of a sudden it's available to everyone on Facebook, whether they play the game or not they can see it and be a fan or not. That's the beauty of it. Nothing on it points to anyone other than ADB/SVC so there is no "agendas" anywhere. With SVC's permission I only ask to give it a whirl, it certainly won't hurt anything. Because it's free nothing is lost if it doesn't do well and plenty is to gain if it does. All it can do is generate sales and interest. I have this thing ready to go, all I have to do is hit publish and boom! just like rolling a pair of snake eyes narrow salvoed at a range of three on overloaded photons. Or not, we'll see!

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeBurke wrote:
... and before you know it, it gains a higher search engine placement, making it easier to be found.

Especially if it has links from other sites. PM me when it's done and I'll link to it from my websites.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: