Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still Alive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameGater
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:59 am    Post subject: Still Alive? Reply with quote

This is a general observation reading the forums and the site.

There is a lot of activity prior to 2021, but very little after. I was looking at the production Schedule http://www.starfleetgames.com/prod_schedule.shtml where most of the dates are 2021. Is anything planned for 2022, or 2023?

I understand that people were sick and stuff, it just feels like there really is not the rate of updates or posts that use to exist prior to this year.

Even the youtube channel, its last update was 2010.

Maybe people have lost interest and moved on? Have I come to the party too late?

As I said, its just an observation take it with a grain of salt. It just feels half dead and just barely limping along.
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ADB is still alive.

A series of medical issues hit the at the end of last year and they really didn't get back at it till June.

Since then they have been pushing forward on several projects there were 2 F&E projects close to finish they have about pushed out. Work continues on the SFB R1 and R6 I think updates. Work is going on with Captain's Log. #55 after that SVC says he needs to just pick a FedCom Project and get it out.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do also note that this forum has always had very light traffic. To see the more realistic flow, please do check the older Discus BBS.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
GameGater
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for the update.

I have ordered some miniatures from the store, maybe I could do a video or two on painting them. (Never done a video, but there is always a first time). At least it would be a start.

I did not know about the other BBS. This is the one that keeps coming up when I do google searches. I will have to check it out.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could have done a better job of keeping you informed, although as they said the other BBS is where things really happen. The monthly newsletter has come out every month (usually late) and I can tell you that sales are the highest in years so people are still playing.

I had surgery last November and missed two entire months. The day I was cleared to go back to work (31 Dec) Steve Petrick had a stroke and missed six months of work. During that six months, I had to spend most of my productive time dealing with his issues as he has no family in town. I had to get him into and out of a series of hospitals and nursing homes and now a nice retirement home full of widows his age who drive him crazy. I had to pay his bills and deal with his doctors. During all of that my wife has (due to major spine problems) needed more than the usual share of TLC and Jean missed a couple of months having breast cancer surgery. It's been a rough time.

That said, we did get Strategic Operations 2022 out and Advanced Operations 2022 is nearly out. I need to finish one of the half-finished Fed Commander projects next and then CL55. Steve Petrick is working on the revisions to R1 and I think he did another product a month ago (check the newsletter).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: