Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Andromedans
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pneumonic81
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 275
Location: Austin TX

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Andromedans Reply with quote

Is there any plans for releasing this race for playtest and perhaps eventual expansion?

I played this race as a SFB vet and after going over the rules I had toyed with making a set of FC rules and ships for use with our little group of players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bolo_MK_XL
Commander


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 778
Location: North Carolina

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently "War and Peace" is a possibility for a 2009 release with the ISC and Andros

but as we know plans change, things happen --
Heres hoping things come together for "War and Peace"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pneumonic81
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 275
Location: Austin TX

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info. If help is needed for playtesting, I have a group of about 14 guys interested in giving new things a shot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
junior
Captain


Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 803

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVC has mentioned that he has some rules for Andros that seem to work quite well. But he hasn't indicated whether the Andros will be released any time soon. While it's speculated that they may show up in the War and Peace release, the only thing that SVC has definitively said about that product is that it will include the ISC.

That doesn't mean that the Andros might not be included as well. It means that it's still just a guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pneumonic81
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 275
Location: Austin TX

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

junior wrote:
SVC has mentioned that he has some rules for Andros that seem to work quite well. But he hasn't indicated whether the Andros will be released any time soon. While it's speculated that they may show up in the War and Peace release, the only thing that SVC has definitively said about that product is that it will include the ISC.

That doesn't mean that the Andros might not be included as well. It means that it's still just a guess.


hey maybe they will pop into a booster zero like product for playtesting before then and we can get a little nibble Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan Ibekwe
Commander


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 434
Location: Manchester UK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pneumonic81 wrote:
junior wrote:
SVC has mentioned that he has some rules for Andros that seem to work quite well. But he hasn't indicated whether the Andros will be released any time soon. While it's speculated that they may show up in the War and Peace release, the only thing that SVC has definitively said about that product is that it will include the ISC.

That doesn't mean that the Andros might not be included as well. It means that it's still just a guess.


hey maybe they will pop into a booster zero like product for playtesting before then and we can get a little nibble Smile


If we could vote for it, I'd vote for that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nerroth
Captain


Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 1532
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been hoping that the Andros would join the ISC in War and Peace ever since the W&P name was 'borrowed' by some guy from the title of Lev Tolstoy's masterpiece.

I wonder who that crazy guy was...
_________________
FC Omega Conversion Project:
*Discussion (v2a)
*Feedback/Errata (v2a)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve Cole
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Oct 2006
Posts: 2999

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are busy getting the ISC to work. don't need to start on the Andros yet.
_________________
The Guy Who Designed Fed Commander
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Barry Kirk
Lieutenant JG


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 46
Location: York, PA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one more vote for the Andy's....

Although the current Andy rules for SFB need to be reworked completely.

Since they are a TOS race, does that give them any more leverage for inclusion?

And one more request would be run any rules past Paul Franz before publication. It would be a shame if the andies are incredibly difficult to implement for FC online but one more tweak would make them much easier to implement the online version.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dan Ibekwe
Commander


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 434
Location: Manchester UK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Since they are a TOS race,


No they're not. An oversized moggy and two teacosies in "Catspaw" doth not Andromedans make, methinks.

I still want them in FC, though (frankly rather more than I want the blessed ten-phaser-ones-per-heavy-cruiser ISC, to be honest).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Barry Kirk
Lieutenant JG


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 46
Location: York, PA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Ibekwe wrote:
Quote:
Since they are a TOS race,


No they're not. An oversized moggy and two teacosies in "Catspaw" doth not Andromedans make, methinks.

I still want them in FC, though (frankly rather more than I want the blessed ten-phaser-ones-per-heavy-cruiser ISC, to be honest).


I was thinking of the episode a Rose by any other name, where a group of Andromedans captured the Enterprise and started taking it to Andromeda as a prelude to an invasion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dan Ibekwe
Commander


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 434
Location: Manchester UK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if you're right, and that's where the name and the concept of the SFB Andromedans came from. I confess I'd never made the connection myself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve Cole
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Oct 2006
Posts: 2999

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's where the idea came from. Sort of.
_________________
The Guy Who Designed Fed Commander
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dan Ibekwe
Commander


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 434
Location: Manchester UK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pinecone
Fleet Captain


Joined: 03 May 2008
Posts: 1865
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But those were the Kelvins, not the Andromeans.
_________________
Doomed to live in secret since discovering that the Air Force Tapes were a fantasy... Embarassed

"Your knowledge of my existence must be punished" Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group