Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who is attending CoastCon XXXII - Biloxi, MS
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Who is attending CoastCon XXXII - Biloxi, MS Reply with quote

I moved this here for more viewage.

Three of us from Lafayette, LA are attending.

Scoutdad, you make 4.

Crimin, you make 5 if you are still attending.

Anyone else?

We could get together on Saturday for one big game and then maybe some smaller ones for those who are available. I want to try some other demos while I'm there as well.

Scoutdad and Crimin, can you send me a PM with your cell phone so I can call you to set up a game time.

We are bringing a small amount of minis for the game and a large cloth hex map.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably be bringing a few miniatures as well. If we can plan the "big
" game in advance, we can insurethat we have all the minis we need and avoid duplication.

I've got to register Saturday morning, but I'll be available as soon as that's done. I'll also be bringing my son-in-law along. He's managed to avoid every opportunity to date to play Fed Comm, but he has played SFB - so he won't be a total noob.
Hod K'el
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: CC XXXII Reply with quote

Hey ! That sounds great. I'll be sure to bring a smapling along so I can cover most bases. Plan on running my standard Orion, maybe a Klingon D7, Klingon F5, & Kzinti (You'll love the paint job!) See you there! Got to meet my sons fiance while I am down there, so Friday is pretty well shot. But I do want to meet up with Ken Burnside. Take care & I'll see you there!
Life is not victory;
Death is not defeat!
malleman
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am bringing 1CA, 2NCLs, and 2FF for the Federation, Klingons, Romulans, Gorns, Kizinti, and Lyrans as well as my 1 inch die cut counters from H1. I am also bringing along some various CAs and a couple of maps to play on plus my ship cards.

Wolverin61 are you sure you aren't planning to attend? Sounds like we are going to have a blast in your own backyard.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of bringing my Orions and my WYN - in case anyone wants to have a Pirate battle... although...
I could bring my copies of the Middle Years playtest stuff and we could do a few Middle Years battles.
malleman
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hod K'el would be in heaven if you bring your Orions and I would love to see your WYN fleet in person.

The only requirement I have is to watch the BSG final sometime so that I can be disappointed. After that I am looking forward to having a blast, or blasting you guys, I am not sure which one Very Happy .
Hod K'el
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: CC XXXII Reply with quote

I think we are all planning on seeing the BSG final! Wait til TT sees my Kzinti ship!

I did not know you were bringing all that! Make sure you lock your vehicle! Think I will repack into the larger case. Might bring another frigate...I'll have to look that situation over a little more.

I'll see you over there (probably Saturday morning).
Life is not victory;
Death is not defeat!
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malleman wrote:
I am bringing 1CA, 2NCLs, and 2FF for the Federation, Klingons, Romulans, Gorns, Kizinti, and Lyrans as well as my 1 inch die cut counters from H1. I am also bringing along some various CAs and a couple of maps to play on plus my ship cards.

Wolverin61 are you sure you aren't planning to attend? Sounds like we are going to have a blast in your own backyard.

Nope, can't make it. Wish I could. Unfortunately my backyard is about 300 miles from the Coliseum and that's just too far to walk.
Crimin
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on going, and there might be one other with me but it's probably just going to be me.

I haven't been to this con before, so does anyone know how close the parking is? I'm thinking that if I bring my minis, ship cards, rules, etc I can just leave them in the car until/unless they're needed and run out and pick them up. If it's a three block walk though I really don't want to do that.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be in the minority. I do want to see the BSG finale (after all, I've wasted this much time on season 5... why not go all the way) - but I'm just going to wait until I get home and then watch it on TiVo.

As for what to bring... I've got a 22-inch duffle bag that goes to conventions (other than Origins - that takes a bit larger carrying device)with me. It'll hold 3 to 4 minis cases, plus my Master Reference Rulebook and ship cards and still leave room for Munchkin / Illuminati / and Zombies.
Best of all, it's easy to carry and keep up with - even in the hustle and bustle of a convention.

Hod K'el: I really can't wait to see everyones miniatures and discuss techniques. That's the best part of going to gaming conventions for me. I usually learn several new techniques that I want to rush home and try out.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone pre-registered for this con yet?
I intend to register on site Saturday morning, but was wondering if any pre-registered people had a valid programming schedule for Saturdays gaming events?
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pre registered. I didnt get anything special. The web site has more stuff listed. Have you checked it recently?
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep. I checked last night - but not very much in the way of scheduling info available.
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scoutdad,

Check this out

http://www.coastcon.org/documents/CC32ProgrammingFinal.pdf
malleman
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad, I am planning to watch BSG friday night if I can catch it. You better also, because it will be hard playing a game and not talking about it with a fellow fan!

I am also planning to bring enough plasmas for us all to use. And yes Wedge and Hod Kel they will stick to the stands.

My wife is working on t-shirts for our group (Acadiana), that way we can be identified easily. So there is no confusion, I will be the good looking one in the group:lol:

Glad to see you will be there Crimin I have been looking forward to meeting you. Just to let you know I am not packing any Hydrans, Wedge said he could not stand a 3 hour ride with the smell of them and I have to be considerate.

Wolverin61 I wish you were able to attend, maybe next time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: