Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plasma Colors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Plasma Colors Reply with quote

I did a search but could find it.

What are the colors of the different plasma torps? I trying to do my own minis.

Has anyone mentioned doing a booster pack of tournament cruisers of all the races for FC? I would buy that.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no "specified" colors for the different types of Plasma Torps, so I assume they'd all be similar in appearance: A huge (some mre huge than others Shocked ), glowing mass of plasma ifre traveling through space.

Now, that being said - I didn't agree with it and wanted different plasma torps for myself. If you'll follow the links in the signature below, you can see my 12 year old plasma torp minis. I found a package of plastic "Sequin Pins" that made decent plasma torps. And since they came in several colors, I was able to classify based on color:
Plasma-R= Red
Plasma-G=Green
Plasma-S=Saffron (yellow for the least artistic among you Wink )
And finally,
Plasma-F=blue (cause pink and blue were the only two colors left!)
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What color would you use for plasma D?

Purple and orange look like the best colors left so how about purple?
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Plasma Colors Reply with quote

wedge_hammersteel wrote:
Has anyone mentioned doing a booster pack of tournament cruisers of all the races for FC? I would buy that.

So far, I don't think there's a reason to make it. As far as I've read, there are no tournament cruisers for FC. The FC tournament is going to consist of fleets, not just individual ships. And I think I remember reading that ADB is going to provide the cards at Origins. This info might be in CL38.

Now if you mean miniatures, those are already on the cart as cruiser boxes 1 and 2.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt know about the fleet stuff.
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:
There are no "specified" colors for the different types of Plasma Torps, so I assume they'd all be similar in appearance: A huge (some mre huge than others Shocked ), glowing mass of plasma ifre traveling through space.

Now, that being said - I didn't agree with it and wanted different plasma torps for myself. If you'll follow the links in the signature below, you can see my 12 year old plasma torp minis. I found a package of plastic "Sequin Pins" that made decent plasma torps. And since they came in several colors, I was able to classify based on color:
Plasma-R= Red
Plasma-G=Green
Plasma-S=Saffron (yellow for the least artistic among you Wink )
And finally,
Plasma-F=blue (cause pink and blue were the only two colors left!)

Yeah, I'd think the big honking ball of burnin' plasma comin' at ya would be pretty much the same color and look the same to the naked eye no matter what type it actually is. I had thought about making some minis and making the base the counter color for whatever race used that type (although that wouldn't be technically correct anymore) so now I think I'm just going to put the letter of whatever type it is, along with a number, on a black base.
Hod K'el
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Plasma Colors Reply with quote

Guys,
I use the colors of the plasma torpedoes from SFC. Plasma R is red, plasma S is orange, plasma G is yellow, plasma F is green and plasma D is blue. I have custom tokens on order from Litko but they will not be here until after the convention, so I am using other colors during the convention. If we play with cards, I am still going to have to play with stands for torpedoes.

Life is not victory;
Death is not defeat!
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd run with Hod K'el's colours - if I had my own minis, which I don't Sad

The thing with the 'R' torp, it's the only one we ever got to see on film [TOS episode 'Balance of Terror'], and in that it was bright red.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The thing with the 'R' torp, it's the only one we ever got to see on film [TOS episode 'Balance of Terror'],

Actually in the remastered TOS episode "The Deadly Years" we can now see what looks like Plasma D's or Plasma F's being fired at the Enterprise by Romulan vessels. They are significantly smaller and do a lot less damage than the torpedo from "Balance of Terror". They are shown in a yellowish color.
Sllarr
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be the only one here with this vision but I intend to separate the plasma torpedo colors by race and not by torpedo type. When I finally have minis for the plasmas I will identify the type by some type of label at the base, but would like each race to have its own plasma color. I am thinking about:

Romulan - Red
Gorn - Green
Orion - Yellow
Federation - Blue

By the way. Are there any other races in the SFU that use Plasmas ? I am only familiar with the races introduced in Federation Commander so far.
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Interstellar Concordium (ISC) also uses plasma torpedoes. They'll appear in the 'War and Peace' supplement.
Sllarr
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Interstellar Concordium (ISC) also uses plasma torpedoes. They'll appear in the 'War and Peace' supplement.

OK. Either Orange or Purple for them then...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: