Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Screw-on miniature basing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crimin
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Screw-on miniature basing Reply with quote

At Coast-Con, malleman asked me how I did my detachable bases for my ships. I figured I'd post the link and share the technique instead of just emailing it to him:

I can't take credit for the idea as someone long ago had shown me this page: http://star-ranger.com/BasingMinis.htm

The only difference between the instructions and the way I did mine is that I used ADB's bases and the metal posts that came with them instead of making my own as shown in the instructions. It turns out that the 3/16" brass tubing fits exactly over the metal posts - I didn't even have to glue them.

I made three different lengths of post with the brass tubing so that I can "tier" the ships in my fleets. I put the largest ships on the tallest stands so that the smaller ships can sit in adjacent hexes to larger ones, under the larger miniature.
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda think that's where Ninja Magic got the idea for their magnetic adapters, although I don't know.
malleman
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Crimin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: