Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Klingon Bird of Prey?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akula
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that the Klingon E3(smaller still then a E4) would be really close to what your after.
drwibble
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little vague in reality. The SFU has continuity and consistency. Star Trek does not.

The Bird of Prey was re-used many times at various different scales/sizes - sometimes explained by there being different classes which were built at different sizes to an identical design - B'Rel, K'Vort, D12 etc - all of these have appeared onscreen at various times.

Even the BoP used against the movie 1701 Enterprise (usually regarded as a B'Rel) was later rationalised as having a peacetime crew of 12, and an expanded wartime crew of forty-something.

Which probably means you could make different BoPs equivalent to any of the E or F series or even some of the D series SFU ships.
Hod K'el
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: BoP Reply with quote

I use the E4 for the Bird of Prey B'rel class. I use the D5 for the Bird of Prey K'vort class. Both work very nicely.

I use Fasa Models of the K'vort (hard to find) and Falcon Frigates from Bergstrom Studios for the B'rel class.

The Klingon BoP Class designations are not as confusing as the Romulan BoP Class designations when you start looking at TTNG & the movies. But then you have to include the D'deridex and all of the others, which are too numerouos to include in this list without getting into some real confusing discussions!
Life is not victory;
Death is not defeat!
drwibble
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't the K'Vort actually be an X1 or X2 generation ship? Admittedly we don't have X ships in FC, but in the sense of the overall timeline, K'Vorts were fighting with Vor'cha cruisers in the Klingon Civil War...
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In SFC, the Bird of Prey is the E4Y. It has two photons, two phaser-1's and a cloak. Other details are available but I figured that any more than I have given here would probably offend someone. Email me off forum [using the link below] if you need to know more.
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drwibble wrote:
Wouldn't the K'Vort actually be an X1 or X2 generation ship? Admittedly we don't have X ships in FC, but in the sense of the overall timeline, K'Vorts were fighting with Vor'cha cruisers in the Klingon Civil War...

Timeline specific: Yes, it the K'vort would be an X frigate. But the D5 has the same relative firepower.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: