Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few things one can do with Tug parts.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: A few things one can do with Tug parts..... Reply with quote

So about a year ago, I bought a couple plastic tug bags from ADB. And I set to work on a few things that I had in mind. Along the way, I put the hobby down for about 6 months and now I'm back. They still need some work, but here's what I did last year, and a bit more lately:

Not much, but a Fed DD that I cobbled together from an extra nacelle (odd number in the bag), and an extra saucer (again, an extra). Thus, the USS Pompeii is born.

Even less, a freighter from a Tug pod (I've got about 20 of these sitting around) with plastic tubing, cardstock and putty. Fairly unimpressive.

A Kearsarge class Light Cruiser. This one's fairly simple and the ship isn't much different than the mini that exists, I was just out of ideas at the time (and hadn't yet bought a bag of factory 2nds that had 2 of these in it). This one is going to be the USS Kirishima.

An SFC inspired cruiser, similar to one just posted over on the legacy board. This one's going to be the NCL USS Repulse with the lower secondary hull housing the photons, phaser 3s and drone rack.

A kitbashed FASA Loknar using a ton of putty, cardstock and a saucer and nacelles. I really like how this one came out. FASA called it a frigate, but it's too cool to die so easily. So it's gonna be my Fed Fast Cruiser USS Stingray.

These aren't from Tugs, but I've got them here now, so I'll post them:

A Fed Bismark class Heavy Battlecruiser made from a Zocchi DN and the rollbar from a Micromachines Reliant miniature that I drilled and pinned to the saucer (Mike Raper's idea before me). I'm still debating what to do with that rear sensor dish. I kinda want to cut it off and round out the rear of the hull with some putty. Got the decals for the USS Nikolai V. Ogarkov.

And finally, my version of a Federation First Generation X-Cruiser. The USS Revolution. This one is made from an ADB CC mini (love the saucer), putty for the extra torpedo deck and some of the pylons, cardstock for the nacelle struts and a pair of Zocchi nacelles that I sanded down so the sides would be flat and angled at the back (something else I took from one of Mike Raper's old designs). I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out. It needs a bit more work smoothing out the putty and adding a bit more here and there, but it's largely finished and ready to paint.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff. I really like your Loknar. The Revolution looks great - I really like the angled struts for the engines. Thanks for putting up pics!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: