Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Family Night Fun!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blammo
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Family Night Fun! Reply with quote

I just played my wife and two children in a battle. This is the first time my wife, in all my years of talking about SFB and my recent return via FC, has ever played the game.

I took a C8 and my family took a CA (my son), a CS (my daughter) and an NCA (my wife). My children are young, but they like to play and my wife wanted to try it for our "Family Night" game.

First turn I blasted my daughter's CS on one impulse and then hit her with 6 drones on the next impulse. That finished her off so it became 2 to 1. My son swung out wide to avoid me the next round but my wife, in the mean time, had gotten around off my number three, HET (she learns quick!) and started coming in on me. She trapped me up against the side of the map and blew out my number 3 and kept slipping and turning to stay there. I knew if I didn't do something she was going to gut me the next turn.

So, right off the bat on the next turn I came around face to face. She moved forward, I moved forward and the end of the Impulse 1 put us number 1 to number 1. She opened up with 10 phasers (8 1s and 2 3s), I fired 6 standard disruptors and 8 phaser 1s. Between the two of us this left us with a similar percentage of damage (due to her attack on me toward the end of the previous turn).

I launched drones the next impulse (totally forgot to do it before) with my last drone racks and did some more internals, but she was still alive. We spent the rest of the turn getting some distance from each other.

With my son in an undamaged CA, me almost out of the buffer internals, two shields down on my ship and my wife's ship still in the fight (although severely damaged), we agreed on a draw. I probably would have taken her ship down (in exchange for more internals) but then my son would walk over with his nice, clean CA and turn my C8 into shrapnel.

All in all, it was very fun and my wife even said she would love to play again. She did very well, but of course she is a natural strategist/tactician (although, she is not a 'wargammer'). She is going to be a tougher fight next time!

This has to be one of the funnest SFB/FC games I have ever played!
Elfy
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool that your family is participating =D might have been better not to have destroyed your daughter's ship so quickly though and instead spread your damage around a bit more at first. A person getting stomped into the ground on their first go usually looses their enthusiasm for any future games.
Blammo
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfy wrote:
Cool that your family is participating =D might have been better not to have destroyed your daughter's ship so quickly though and instead spread your damage around a bit more at first. A person getting stomped into the ground on their first go usually looses their enthusiasm for any future games.

This is true...but this is the fourth game for my daughter (she was an early adopter of FC, much to my surprise as she is only Cool. She get's distracted the quickest so this was a way to let her out to go do something else Smile

So, my daughter was happy cause we played. My son was happy because he took no damage and my wife was happy because she enjoyed it, didn't get spanked without doing some spanking and because she made me happy. Was a win-win all the way around! Very Happy
Elfy
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it was really great! Yay family game night! =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: