Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Race questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Race questions Reply with quote

Where would I find information about the following races:

Vulp - Bolosco- Nucian - Branthodon - Qixa - Rynish and the Iridani?

I think most of these are considered to be Omega Sector inhabitants.

Is there potentially any more development going on for the LMC races?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all indeed Omega Sector races, and would be found in those products. So far, there are no official conversions of those races or any other races outside of the local SFB region of space. Those races may eventually be converted in the future, but for the time being the game is still in the process of finishing up the local races (the ISC, Andro, and Vudar are all expected to be in the next product, leaving the Jindarians as the only race in the local area that hasn't appeared in FedCom).
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw them mentioned but I didn't actually see which products they were actually in. This lead me to believe that they were mentioned as place holders for the future products just as we waited for the LMC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the shopping cart and read the Omega product descriptions it tells you what is in each of the five products.
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got past Omega 3 yet. I've been out of the loop for a little while and I'm still trying to catch back up with it all. I have a pretty good investment in the whole SFB universe and a whole bunch of new stuff has come out since and I am fascinated by it all. My next module is the Vudar module.

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Race questions Reply with quote

MikeBurke wrote:
Where would I find information about the following races:

Vulp - Bolosco- Nucian - Branthodon - Qixa - Rynish and the Iridani?

I think most of these are considered to be Omega Sector inhabitants.

Is there potentially any more development going on for the LMC races?

The Vulpa were founding members of the Maesron Alliance - but split during the Civil War to try and do their own thing.

Eventually, in the post-Invasions era, the Vulpa got enough breathing space away from the watchful Maesrons to form the Vulpa Confederacy, which became a significant player in the Omega Octant in the 2600s.

The Nucians are ethnic Vulpa who fled to their Cluster from what was once regular Vulpa space, in opposition to the Vulpa joining of the Maesron Alliance. The Cluster was regularly wracked by civil war - including one in which the viral Sigvirions asssimilated one of the major clans. Eventually, one Clan sided with the Confederacy and conquered the whole Cluster, driving the last opposing clans into, ironically, Maesron space.

Neither of those have had much in the way of in-game data - unless you count the pre-Confederacy Vulpa Blockade Runner and the Vulpa-operated Maesron ships as suitable. (It's not confirmed how many, if any, of those designs were flown by the Confederacy proper.)

All of the others are introduced in Omega 3 and 4 - or, alternatively, in the Omega Master Rulebook.

(One thing to note is that the Iridani are not an 'Omega' faction proper - their home Cluster is a satellite of the Milky Way, from where they send exploration Quests to other corners of the Universe. Kinda like how the Andromedans are added to 'Alpha' modules typically, but of course are not from the Alpha Octant itself.)

And so far as the Magellanics go, I'm a big fan of them - and I hope they will see more of the limelight sooner or later - but time will tell, I guess.
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: How do we incorporate the Vudar? Reply with quote

How do we incorporate the Vudar into SFB & F&E? F&E mostly? F&E didn't provide for the Vudar elements.

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: How do we incorporate the Vudar? Reply with quote

MikeBurke wrote:
How do we incorporate the Vudar into SFB & F&E? F&E mostly? F&E didn't provide for the Vudar elements.

They will most likely be in the Civil Wars expansion for F&E.
MikeBurke
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I will have to go re-buy F&E though. I lost a bit of it.

Mike Burke
SFB since '84
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: