Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Klingon Tactic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What are your Perferred Klingon Tactics in Duel with floating Map?
Charge in and Overload
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Standard Saber Dance (Stay at range 15)
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Saber Dance, but go to range 8 for overloads at impulse 8
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Other (Elaborate in Post)
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

USS Enterprise
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Klingon Tactic Reply with quote

What is your perfered Klingon Tactic

"Since my customary greeting would seem entirely self serving, I will simply say good luck."

"Live long and Prosper."
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other: What ship vs what ship? Who am I flying against? I will use different tactics against Patrick Doyle than I will against djdood (Sorry, Will Embarassed )

Typically, I try to stay at range 12 to 15 and use my superior turn mode to stay out of overload range. At some point; however, I am going to feel that I have done enough internals (or catch my opponent during a reload cycle) and close in.

At that point, I may or may not OL disruptors. It depends on many, many, many, many, many, many variables.
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 x 32 spd drones -----
Magnum357
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, all those suggestions have mixed results. I have played a few games with Klingon ships, and I must say the Disruptors are ok (good balanced weapon the reloads fast) but they seem to only have hard hitting power if you have a lot of them. I prefer the sabre dance at range 15, but even this is limited on some Klingon ships that have mostly Phaser-2's. In my experience, slinging lots of Drones at your prefered target has more effect then Disruptors in my opinion.

I kinda wish the Disruptor had the UIM long range benfit from SFB. A 2/3 chance of hit at range 13-25 would make the weapon a little more useful.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:
I will use different tactics against Patrick Doyle than I will against djdood (Sorry, Will Embarassed )

Ohhhh burn. Crying or Very sad
But so true.

Klingons require a finesse to excel in that I am still working on. They do not forgive close-and-hose approaches. I fight a constant battle to reign in my more aggressive tendencies and play the "long game". Winning matters more than a glorious death.
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdood wrote:
Klingons require a finesse to excel in that I am still working on. They do not forgive close-and-hose approaches. I fight a constant battle to reign in my more aggressive tendencies and play the "long game". Winning matters more than a glorious death.

Same here. Just working on that finesse myself....

It takes time, though. But then that's what develops your patience.
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually looking forward to getting a chance to play with my other group (which is going to meet for the first time in several months). In my main group, one guy pretty-much is the Klingon and I play a mixture against him (usually Feds, depending on who else shows up).

Playing against him, week after week, I've seen him go from being crushed by me every game, to slowly "getting" the way he really needed to fight his ships, eventually gaining parity on me, and now pushing me hard to out-fight him. Seeing him learn and learning to counter him has given me some insight on both sides of that fight.

I'll be curious to see if any Klingon-skills have rubbed off on me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: