Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Space Dragon questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Space Dragon questions Reply with quote

We had a bash at the Space Dragons scenario from Romulan Border.

We have some questions of course Wink

1) The dragon has a tail that functions against seeking weapons with three shots per impulse. Can the tail be used all three times against the same weapon? Say only one drone has impacted that impulse, then could it make three ADD attempts agains the same drone? We played a compromise and alllowed it two shots per single target, but looking at it now, I wonder if it should be allowed all three. Surely if it can cope with flicking its tail at three separate weapons, then three shots against one weapon would also be possible? Being able to destroy a Plasma torp with its tail is a awesome ability, btw Smile

2) If the dragon takes sufficient wing damage to drop it into the next speed bracket down, does that occur beginning with the nect impulse? We played that it did.

3) I note that there has previously been a Dragon question here:

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=187

and we did indeed re-roll 'skipped' points. But we wondered if there had been an 'official' ruling on it.

For the damage allocation, we rolled hits individually, but in handfuls of ten dice; we then totalled up the 1's, 2's etc. It worked for us.

4) Can dragons [or monsters in general] do targeted damage? In this case, for the dragons, we're talking the phaser-eyes. We played that since it was an intelligent creature, it could.

All in all, we found this to be a most enjoyable scenario. We played it with 2 dragons and 2 ships - a baby dragon and an adult dragon vs. a Gorn frigate at 50 points and a Fed NCL at 125 points. The ships were slightly damaged, but the Fed got a 100% photon strike. The baby dragon got wiped but the adult dragon reached the planet with about 50% damage.

Game over.
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the rule in front of me, but I interpreted it as one attempt per seeking weapon. After all, an ADD system only gets one bite at the cherry. Also, it makes seeking plasma easy to stop, but perhaps that's the intention, given the Dragon's slow speed. So I could be wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: