Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Scenario- Rescue the Hostage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USS Enterprise
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Custom Scenario- Rescue the Hostage Reply with quote

This is a scenario off the fly

Players- 2

Ships- Orion light raider and Fed CA

Goal- The Feds must rescue the hostage, while the Orions must keep him. Killing him is not a choice, he must be kept for ransom. He is an important Diplomat due to be at a peace confrence as soon as possible.

Special Rules- The Orion always has a Cloak but must use a Photon in the WPN slot. All Phasor 1's are also replaced with Phasor 2's as it is an old captured Klingon ship. The Phasor 3's still remain Phasor 3's.

The Feds have perfected their transporters to beam onto a cloaked ship. Therefore, they can use their transporters to beam onto the Orion even when she is cloaked.

All skipped damage points are scored on the frame.

The Orion starts uncloaked.

The map is fixed and does not float. The area is surrounded by Fed Starbases.

The only way to disengage is to leave the map.

Arrange the map 3 by 3 with the Fed and Orion starting in opposite corners.

Inflitrator- The Feds have a special infiltrator to gain info about the location of the hostage. The infiltrator may only be used once per turn.

Gain Information- The Infiltratior can be sent to gain info. Roll a 6 sided die. a 1-4 is success, a 5 is failure, and with a 6 the infiltrator is captured. You must gain 3 points of info to know the location of the Hostage (This does not mean that you have rescued him. There is more still to be done.

Rescue Hostage- This can only be done if you have 3 information points. Throw a die, a 1 is a rescue, a 6 is a capture of the infiltrator, a 2-5 is a failure and Infiltrator returns. You can beam as many marines as you like with you, for every 2, increase sucess rate by 1 (Round down.)

Hit and Run Raid- The Infiltrator has a special hit and run raid because a 1-5 is sucess. On a roll of 6, the infiltrator is captured.

Assassinate Captain- Throw the die, a 1-3 is success, a 4-6 is failure and capture of the infiltrator. If the captain is assassinated, the crew is degraded for the remainder of the game.

If the infiltrator is captured, you can rescue him by sending Marine squads to the ship and rolling the die. If you roll lower then the amount of Marines you send, you rescue him. However, all marines used are lost no matter what.

The game ends after 10 turns.

If the Feds recover the Diplomat in 5 turns or less, he makes it to the confrence on schedule, and you are promoted to Commodore.

If he is recovered between 6-10 turns, the diplomat arrives late, but you have done well and earn a medal.

If the pirate lasts the 10 turns without being defeated, you will be demoted to Commander and become captain of a Frigate because you have failed. (The pirates win.)

If you destroy the Orion, you will be decommissioned for your horrible work (Note, however, that this is not a pirate victory, both players lose.)

If you are destroyed, the pirates win Maximum victory.

What do you all think?

"Since my customary greeting would seem entirely self serving, I will simply say good luck."

"Live long and Prosper."
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USS E, these scenarios are good, but I learned a while back that if you want them to show in books, you dodn't put them on the fourm.

That said, feel free. Mabey I should re-post the santa scenario that will never be done anyway...
USS Enterprise
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean?

"Since my customary greeting would seem entirely self serving, I will simply say good luck."

"Live long and Prosper."
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which part?
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USS:E - What I think pincone is trying to say is that if you ever hope to have a scenario published in one of ADB's products... don't post it here.
The reasoning is, "Why would anyone pay for a product full of scenarios that they can get for free from the 'web?"

And while it is good advice, it's not totally true. I've posted numerous scenarios (both here and on the legacy BBS) that have eventually been printed by ADB.

But in the same light, I've posted some that will never, ever be printed either.

Your best bet , if you have a scenario that you feel is print worthy (and ADB is always looking for printable scenarios) is to email SVC (but not in the month before Origins). Give him a synopsis and ask if he'd like to see the finished product. If so, send it to him and give him a chance to print it... if he takes a pass on it - then post it here for all of us to a) Enjoy, B) pick apart, c) ridicule, d) help to improve, or e) all of the above! Wink
markgeorgetwo
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: post subject Reply with quote

Scout Dad i was very lucky when svc was in the uk we got talking. and the result was the battle of organia in captains log 34 what iam very proud of Smile Wink .
USS Enterprise
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just take them as I'm not very experienced a scenario maker anyway.

Also, what do you think about the scenario?

"Live long and Prosper."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: