Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Romulan ships in Fed Commander

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peewee
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Romulan ships in Fed Commander Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to FCOL and was wondering what the trick was to getting some of the ships which are not displayed as options to place on the board during initial setup. For instance no Romulans are listed as options. The program is allowing me to place Federation, Klingon, Kziniti and a Tholian but no Romulans. Probably something simple but I am new to this. Thanks.
Active Ingredient
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the "Piece Selection Dialog" box, make sure to click on all 3 tabs: "Ships" , "Other" , and "Library". Different ships are in different sections. At least they were when last I checked many moons ago...

Also note the drop down menus below for "Scale" and "Race".

BTW, I'll try to re-subscribe tonight!
Peewee
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that. Lots of Federation, Klingon, Kzinti, and space monsters, but no Romulans. The other tab lists some misc romulan pieces like plamsa and I have no items listed in library. Do I need to scan and import SSD's or are the other pieces and SSD's somewhere else in the program or on the web? Thanks again, trying to get as many options as possible to play. See ya.

Bill
Active Ingredient
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a way to download new ships. I think you do that from the main window (not inside a game room). This is probably what you need to do.

Once I resubscribe I'll test it out and give you the exact commands.

I still need to figure out how to get a PayPal account...
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the "Main" window (i.e. the window that lists all of the rooms). Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Library...", Click on the "FC" tab. Click "Update List". Click on "Yes", to check for updates. Then click on the "Download" button to download all of the ships of the library that either are not downloaded or have been updated.
Peewee
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. It worked perfectly. Downloaded 404 new ships, i'm ready to crack some skulls now:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: