Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Briefing 2, what rules are added?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Briefing 2, what rules are added? Reply with quote

From the Briefing 2 product page.
Klingon Border or Romulan Border or Academy include all required rules for the ships in this product.

Are the rules which are not in Klingon Border, in Briefing 2? New weapon rules for fusion, ESG, fighters and races Hydrans etc... Or will I need a separate product?

Thanks, Greg.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an older version of the rulebook, you may need to either order an updated version, or perhaps order the new Reference Rulebook, in order to use Briefing 2.

B2 only gives modifications to certain rules which affect the Middle Years setting (speed 16 drones, Stinger-1s, modified ESG rules, that sort of thing).
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Briefing 2, what rules are added? Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Klingon Border or Romulan Border or Academy include all required rules for the ships in this product.

Are the rules which are not in Klingon Border, in Briefing 2? New weapon rules for fusion, ESG, fighters and races Hydrans etc... Or will I need a separate product?

Thanks, Greg.

The simple answer is yes you will need to buy other products to get the rules for Hydrians, Lyrans, and WYN Empiers, those rules are cover in FC:Distant Kingdomes that link is here http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=4105&Category_Code=FCDK Same is true of Thiolians and Orions they have their own Attack Modules with thier own rules also.

Briefing#2 just gives an overviews of how to modify those Technologies to be used in that setting but you really still new the FC Main Setting Rules to run them. As was pointed out if you just want the rules and nothing else you could order the FC Reference Rulebook http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=4020&Category_Code=NP That would give you the rules but none of the Ship Cards, Refrence Cards, Scenerios, or Background.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
GregC
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you for your answers.

Since I have the new Rev 5 rules in my copy of Klingon Border, I will be able to use the Romulans and Gorns as well. The middle years sounds like a lot of fun, it will probably be my next purchase.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Briefing 2, what rules are added? Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

Well, at the risk of contradicting the boss, you will need the rules from Border/Border/Academy (which have the same set of rules) and Distant Kingdoms to use all of the ships. Or, get the Reference Rulebook which covers it all.

Briefing #2 only covers modifications to the rules necessary for the Middle Years. They are modifications of existing rules, not new rules. It does not "reprint" any rules, either.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: