Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stop trying to inflate your post count

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Web Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Stop trying to inflate your post count Reply with quote

I am getting complaint messages from long-time users that some of the new users are determined to post zillions of meaningless posts just to achieve "rank". This is making the board hard to use.

If this silliness continues, we can delete topics and posts we consider to be frivilous, and block users who post lots of meaningless posts just to run up their score.

We can turn off the post-count and scoring system, but I don't want to be forced to do that. If I am forced to do that, I'm going to be in a very very bad mood and I'm going to start sending people to the agonizer booth.

Absolutely, if I see people posting a lot of meaningless one-word posts (obviously just to score) I will take action.

If you are warned that you are abusing the forum, you had better listen.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, let me tell you what you accomplished yesterday with your notions of inflating your post count.

You took SVC away from working on Captain's Log #39 when we are working on a very short deadline.

I spent over three hours researching solutions to this problem and responding to concerns. That is three hours of proofreading CL #39 articles that didn't happen.

Acting out just prior to Origins (or during Origins) makes those of us working on a deadline (or trying to focus on the folks at Origins) Very Annoyed. We are annoyed because the actions of a few are impacting so many of the fans who are behaving well. This does not bode well for those who do the annoying.

A lot of people find the "ranks" fun, but not if people "cheat". Really, you all know that "Me, too" posts just point out how ignorant the poster is. Posting off-the-cuff answers that are wrong actually hurts the Forum; before you "answer" any rules question, consult the latest rulebook to verify your answer.

While SVC and Mike West have the power to send you to the Agonizer Booth, I have power over the settings. People who are sent to the booth over this situation get to hear Gregorian chants performed by Roseanne Barr, alternating with Red Hot Chili Peppers performing Broadway's Greatest Hits, interspersed with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir performing Def Leppard, Charlie Daniel, The Beatles, Eartha Kitt, James Brown: Their Greatest Hits. Twisted Evil Shocked Laughing <-Evil Jean as she turns the Booth on and strolls away, ignoring the whimpers and moans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Web Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: