Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zocchi Extras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aabh
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Zocchi Extras Reply with quote

A couple of years ago I ordered a pack of Zocchi extras (Random pieces). I can't find it now on the site (I presume it must have passed into the great beyond), is it really gone?

Also: Has ADB ever sold individual Zocchi units? I am building a Battle Group, I have the first Squadron Box for 2500's, and a large pack of Zocchi's that I bought a while back... I'm going to use the 2500 Battle Cruiser, Dreadnaught and Frigate, but I'm going to go with the Zocchis for the Destroyer group and the Cruiser (I only have one cruiser in this first battlegroup).

The problem is: I will need four destroyers for every dreadnaught.... Certainly I don't need a 1:1 ratio of these ships... Is there any way to simply get a single Destroyer... or four of them?

-------
Guy Davis
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, the best thing to do is email sales@starfleetgames.com and ask.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you can buy the metal destroyers from ADB.
They are the same size as the Zocchi destroyers and are avaialble separately (well, in packs of two at least).
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They used to sell them separately, but those days are past.

The ships are all made in the same mold, so it produces one DN, on CA, on DD, one Scout, and one Tug, every time it is shot full of plastic.

Selling separates is part of how they got stuck with all those leftover DN and Tug parts and I can see why they'd like to avoid that now, especially since the metal versions are now available.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand, and thank you.

I have never liked the metal minis, they bend way too easily and on a stand they are really top-heavy (And topple when looked at crooked, thus messing up paint jobs Very Happy), so I'll do my best with what I have and wait until a 2500 version of the Destroyer comes out (Or, even better, perhaps the DDW! Very Happy)

I will email and ask about spare parts lying around. Perhaps there is something left over Very Happy

-------
Guy Davis
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your needing a couple GameScience minis, I have a couple in the packets, if your want, have to take a look and see which ones --
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aabh -

If you have your heart set on a FJ DD in the SL2500 resin style, there several folks on the boards who do commission work and could make you one from an SL2500 CA. It's expensive, but an option that some folks pursue.

I used to and would offer, but I'm booked solid on SL2500 planning and reviews until at least this summer.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thank you guys! Very Happy

The reason simply is that there will be no destroyers in the new 2500 line for a few months and we are already playing. I'm kinda leading the group in putting mini's on the field, and I'd like to do it right, that's all (It will likely draw in the other guys to buy minis too down the road) Smile I really don't think that ADB/Mongoose is going to get around to the old FJ/Mongoose in 2012... maybe not even in 2013, so in the interim (And until the DD(W)s come out), I was just going to make the Destroyers, Scouts and Tugs all Zocchi... but simply for uniformity, so the group will look good together. And since a battlegroup usually has 4 destroyers, I'm just looking to make these guys uniform Smile

Bolo, If you have some out of their box, or want to get rid of them for some reason, I'll take you up on it... but I don't really want to deprive you of ships or some collector from collecting in-the-box-ships (As I'm certainly not collecting, I'm deploying! Very Happy) simply to get my fourth in my battlegroup Very Happy however, I'll certainly talk about taking you up on it if you are willing to get rid of them! And I really appreciate the offer! Very Happy

-------
Guy Davis
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granted, everything is topsy-turvy with the releases right now, but the SL2500 Federation DW should be available soon. I actually have two on pre-order with my Fed Fleet Box. So, I'd assume they will still arrive together and it's looking like it will be soon. Updates this morning were saying February for general availability, earlier for pre-orders.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally understand. My statements shouldn't be read as a complaint at all Very Happy I'll have other battlegroups that I'll be fielding as time goes on, and this desron will probably be shuffled out of service ultimately (Or put in the "back waters" of the Federation). This really is just the first one Smile

Maybe what I'll do is add one Special Teams ship (Scout, GSC, etc) and drop one Destroyer from the group. That should make it work out just fine Smile

In the mean time, I'm practicing some of the techniques I've learned from you guys on the extra Tug saucers I got from the last "Extras pack" that I bought in 2009. Smile This should prove to be... um... unique o.O

-------
Guy Davis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: