Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got to meet SVC at ORIGINS!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sgt_G
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Origins! Reply with quote

wrote:
....and play a quick 12 turn campaign with all the Federation Commander battles rolled in.

I was in on a coversation with SVC during which someone pitched the idea of a six-round Fed Cmdr campaign next year. SVC felt that six rounds is too many, given schedules and time constraints, and that perhaps four rounds might be the target length.

Master Sgt, US Air Force, Retired -- 1981-2007 -- 1W091A
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know (and said so) if six would be too many, or if four would be right, or if five would be. I'm letting Mike F work that out.

Delegation is the soul of leadership.
mwaschak
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By my estimate we could have the team leaders actually running the campaign from separate rooms making strategic decisions, and then meet to resolve the battles. We could track campaign orders on a big dry erase board, but would probably only require an hour or so a day at the most for just the campaign portion.

In a smaller campaign like this we will probably have three or four meaningful Federation Commander battles that would need to be resolved to decide a winner. At the very least it would be a nice way to teach the system.

-Jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: